Technological advancements have helped extensively in the banking sector, making some services easy and swift, including checking your account balance. No matter the type of account you operate, knowing your account number is very important. It helps in saving one the time and stress of visiting the banking hall every time the need for an account number arises. Like other commercial banks in the country, the United Bank of Africa (UBA) issues a 10-digit account number to customers.
The account number is known as Nigeria Uniform Bank Account Number (NUBAN). UBA account number is uniquely configured to always begin with the number 2. It is impossible to see two different customers sharing the same account numbers. The number is used for money depositing, cash withdrawals, fund transfers, etc. Below are the various means one can check their UBA account number.
Different Ways to Check UBA Account Number
As a UBA customer knowing your account number is your right at any time. The bank has further provided different methods of checking the account number. Below are the ways one can request and immediately get their account number:
- Through the UBA USSD codes.
- Through UBA mobile app.
- UBA online banking platform.
- Through the UBA customer service.
- Using UBA social media platforms.
- Through UBA Virtual banking chatbox (Leo)
What Is The USSD Code For Checking UBA Account Number?
The USSD code for checking the UBA account number is *919#. It is a unique code used to perform different transactions through the UBA USSD platform. The code grants the fastest and the easiest way of accessing your account number.
How To Check Account Number Using *919#
Below are the few steps required to get your account number using *919#:
- Dial *919# using the mobile line registered with your account number.
- Press 6, representing check balance on the prompt.
- Finally, insert your 4-digits PIN.
How To Check UBA Account Number Using UBA Mobile App
As a bank that embraces and values technological advancement, UBA adopted the mobile application in rendering banking-related services. Among numerous services rendered from the mobile application is checking account numbers. The mobile app only requires a stable internet network and a working android mobile device.
Below are the steps to check your account balance from the mobile application:
- Download the UBA Mobile App or click here.
- Install the mobile app on your mobile device.
- Log in to the mobile app.
- The account number is usually displayed on the top left corner of the mobile app dashboard.
Checking UBA Account Number Using Online Banking Platform
UBA banking services have been modified to several advanced levels. One of these advancements is the introduction of the online banking platform. The platform made it possible for customers to handle their banking activities in their comfort. One of the banking services rendered in the mobile app is accessing account numbers.
The customer is expected to have a working internet network on his device. Also, the customer is to be a registered customer on the UBA online banking platform.
How To Check Your Account Number Via UBA Online Banking Platform
As a registered customer of UBA mobile banking services. Below are a few steps to access your account number using the platform:
- Through your browser, access the UBA online banking or click here.
- Log into the platform.
- On the landing page of the website is the account number.
How To Get My UBA Account Number Using The ATM
Using your UBA ATM card in any ATM can grant you access to your account number. The ATM, to a considerable extent, reduced the customers on the customer care unit of the bank demanding their account number. The only restriction to using this method in accessing your account balance is the loss of your ATM card.
Below are the required steps to checking the account balance through any ATM:
- Slot your UBA ATM card in any bank’s ATM.
- Type in your 4-digit PIN.
- Press the button leading to the request for ‘statement of account.’
- On the statement of your account is the account number.
How To Check My UBA Account Number Via SMS
Having your account number through SMS is one of the most preferred methods by customers. Without wasting much time, below is the method of getting your account number in your SMS inbox:
- Dial *919# using the phone number used in opening the UBA account.
- Select the option available to check your account.
- Input your transfer PIN.
- After displaying your account number, a message will be sent to your mobile number.
Checking Account Number Through UBA Official Social Media Platforms
UBA created different social media platforms to grant customers easy interaction with the bank. The platforms are managed by the bank’s representatives, who are ready to answer questions coming from customers at any time. The platform is also open for retrieving account numbers. However, several verifiable questions will convince the representative to release the account number.
Below is some fundamental question that must be correct before getting your account number through social media:
- The account holder’s full name.
- Mobile number used in registering the account.
- The account linked BVN.
- Date of birth.
- Finally, the email address.
You are only required to drop a direct message to any of the links below requesting your account number. Some of the social media platforms to get the account number after answering the above-listed requirements are:
- The UBA Facebook official page (www.facebook.com/ubagroup)
- The UBA Twitter official handle (www.twitter.com/UBAgroup)
How Can I Get My Account Number Using UBA Virtual Banking Platform?
UBA took their banking technological advancements to artificial intelligence. They created a virtual banking platform that is communicable through a chat box known as Leo. Through this chatbox, customers can request their account number.
Below are the steps to have a chat with Leo:
- Go to the UBA official website or click here.
- Scroll to Nigeria from the list of countries provided.
- Select personal-banking.
- Select digital-banking.
- Click on chat with Leo.
- Select the social media you would like to place your account number request on.
- Leo will reply with your account number if you pass his verification.
Alternatively, this can be done by clicking here, after which you select the social media you want to chat with Leo. The social media available to chat with Leo includes:
- Apple business chat
I Forgot My UBA Account Number, What Number Can I Reach UBA On?
Some numbers are provided for customers who need to retrieve their account numbers. The customer service department of UBA controls these numbers. The method eases customers off the stress of coming to the banking hall. The number to call if you are within Nigeria is 0702255822. Customers outside the country can call the following numbers;