First Bank is one of the leading financial services providers in Nigeria. The multi-national bank was established in 1894 and is headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria. The bank has continued to unleash ways of improving customers’ experience by implementing new technologies to make banking services hitch-free for their customers. Without going to the bank, First Bank customers can now check their account balance in many ways, including the mobile App, USSD code, SMS, etc.
Different Ways To Check First Bank Account Balance
Checking your First Bank account balance has never been easier with different methods the bank has adopted. However, for one to be able to check their account balance, they must, first of all, have an account with First Bank. Knowing your account balance is very important in many ways, as it helps you know your financial standing before initiating and after the transaction has been completed.
As a First Bank account holder, you can check your account balance through the following ways:
- First Bank Online Banking
- First Bank Mobile App
- USSD code
The best part is that you don’t need to start going to the bank to join long queues to know your account balance with these methods above. It is safe, easy, and convenient as you can use them from the comfort of your home. However, there are some requirements you need to be able to check your account balance. The include your account number, your mobile phone and the phone number linked to your account, and your ATM. Let’s see how you can use these ways pointed out above.
How to Check Your First Bank Account Balance Online
The First Bank internet banking platform is one of the most reliable ways of banking for First ban customers. It is easy, fast, reliable, and can be accessed from any part of the world. But it requires a strong internet connection, data, and a smartphone or laptop. To use internet banking, you must first register on the platform activate it.
To activate the First Bank Internet Banking, follow the steps
- Visit https://www.firstbanknigeria.com/
- Under services, select Personal Banking from the drop-down menu.
- Select Internet Banking at the right hand of the website and proceed to register
- Next, click the Self-registration
- Enter your First bank Credit card number
- Select a PIN
- Check the verification code displayed on your screen and type it appropriately in the provided space.
- Click on continue and follow the remaining steps to complete the registration.
How to Check Your First Bank Account Balance Online
Now that you have set up the First Bank internet banking service, the next thing is to log in and carry out transactions on your account. Follow the processes outline below to check your First Bank account balance via the internet service platform.
- Visit https://ibank.firstbanknigeria.com/
- Input your online banking user ID
- See the verification code and type it in the space provided
- Click next to continue
- When the page has opened, you can navigate to the account dashboard
- Select the account, and the balance will be shown on the screen
How to Check First Bank Account Balance Using the First Bank Mobile App
Like Internet Banking, the First Bank mobile application is another method to check your account balance and do other transactions anywhere, anytime. However, it requires a smartphone and internet connection or data to be able to use it. Also, to use the app, you will have to download, register, and activate it. Note that only First Bank account holders can use the app.
How to Download and Activate the First Bank Mobile App
- Visit Google Play Store or Apple Store
- Download and install the First Bank App
- Launch the App and Click on Register
- Next, enter your First Bank Naira card details and PIN
- An OTP (One Time Password) will be sent to the phone number registered to your account.
- Enter the OTP in the space provided
- Create a unique five-digit PIN, which you’d be using to log into your app
- Select two security questions and answer them
- Choose a 4-digit PIN that will be used to authenticate your transactions
How to Check Your First Bank Account Balance Using the App
Now that you have downloaded and registered the app, you can carry out various transactions, including checking your account balance. Follow the processes below to check your First Bank account balance on the app:
- Log in to the app by entering your 5-digit PIN.
- Once you log in, your account balance will be displayed at the top of the homepage.
What is the First Bank USSD Code to Check Balance?
The First USSD Code to check account balance is *894*00#. However, to be able to use the First Bank USSD code to check your account balance, you must first activate the USSD banking. First Bank’s USSD banking is safe, secure, and straightforward.
Besides checking your account balance, there are various things you can do, including Bills payment, buying of airtime, funds transfer, and much more. The USSD code works on any phone, whether smart or non-smartphones, and no internet connection is required. The essential requirement is just your phone and the phone number linked to your account.
How to Activate the *894# USSD Banking
Before you can access First Bank USSD banking, you must have a debit card linked to your account and the phone number you opened your account with. Then, follow the processes below:
- Dial *894*0# from the phone number linked to your account
- All the debit cards linked to your account will be displayed
- Select your preferred debit card
- Next, Enter the 4-digit personal identification number (PIN) for the selected debit card.
- After that, you will be required to create a 5-digit transaction PIN
- With that, your setup is successful, and you can now start using the First Bank USSD Service
How to Check your First Bank Account Balance Using the USSD Code
After setting up your USSD banking, you can now use it to carry out transactions. However, the best part is that the USSD code works on all the telecommunication networks in Nigeria, including MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile, etc. Depending on the number that you used to open your account. Follow the steps below to check your account balance using the First Banking USSD code.
- Step 1: Dail *894# from the number that is registered to your account
- Step 2: Select Quick Banking or Option one from the options shown on your screen
- Step 3: Select Inquiry Services or Option four on the next page
- Step 4: Select Balance Inquiry or Option one to know your account balance. After that, your account balance will be sent to your phone.
- Dial *894*00# from the number that is registered with your account
- Your account balance will be sent to you as a text message.
Can You Check Your First Bank Account Balance via SMS?
Yes. You can check your First Bank account balance via SMS. By using the USSD code, your account balance will be sent to you via SMS. Also, you can ascertain the actual state of your account after carrying out a transaction using the USSD code or other means. After each transaction, if your account receives message alerts, you can check your debit or credit alert to know your account balance.
You Can Check Your First Bank Account Balance Via the ATM
Another method of checking your First Bank account balance is through the Automated Teller Machine (ATM). To do this, visit any bank ATM near you, insert your ATM card or debit card and follow the on-screen instructions. Your account balance will be displayed on the screen. However, using your bank’s ATM seems the option as other banks’ ATMs may likely charge an additional fee for using another bank’s debit card.