To check your GTBank account balance or get your bank statement of account, dial the code *737# with the phone number linked to your bank account and follow the on-screen instructions. However, besides using this shortcode, you can check your account balance on GTBank using many other ways provided by the bank.
Guaranty Trust Bank Limited, popularly called GTBank, is among the many banks in Nigeria that are known for offering quality customer services. The bank has worked assiduously to create different DIY channels for its customers to access their bank accounts without needing to visit the bank premises. In this read, you’ll learn how to check your GTBank account balance using various banking methods.
How to Check GTBank Account Balance on Phone
GTbank has made various methods available for its customers to easily access their bank account, including checking their bank account balance. These methods include:
- Via GT mobile app,
- Using the USSD code,
- internet banking,
- Phone Call
Code to Check GTBank Account Balance
The USSD code is one of the most popular methods of checking account balance because it’s quick and reliable. Your account balance is the total amount of money in your bank account at any given time. GTB’s USSD codes can also be used on devices without an internet connection, making it a lifesaver for Nigerians who aren’t connected to the internet. All you need are:
- A mobile device that carries the phone number used to open the account, and
- The last 4 digits of your GTB debit card.
To go ahead and check your current account balance, you need to follow these steps:
- Dial *737# on your mobile phone. A set of numbered command prompts will pop up.
- Select 6. Then select 1. (You can choose to bypass steps 2 and 3 by simply dialing *737*6*1#).
- Enter the last four digits of your GTB debit card and then press send.
- You will get a confirmation prompt, after which your account balance will pop up.
Note: The transaction typically costs N20 per trial. The *737# code can also be used to
- Pay for utilities,
- Buy airtime,
- Perform cash transfers
How to Check GTBank Account Balance Via Internet Banking
With a service availability of 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, it has become even easier to monitor all your account activities from sending and receiving money, to checking account balances. In order to be able to utilize this feature, first, you need to sign up/register for internet banking. Here are the steps to do this:
- Go to: https://ibank.gtbank.com/IBankReg/Start.aspx
- Input your 10-digit NUBAN (account number).
- Next, you will be asked to input 5 specific digits of your debit card number. Note that this changes with every reload of the website.
- Finish up the registration by inputting your card expiry date (mm/yy) and the card pin in the appropriate fields, and click register.
- After successful registration, you become a member of GTB’s internet banking service.
- Usually, an email is sent to you containing your login details.
- Go back and log in, using your username and password
- Once you are logged in, click on “My Account.”
- Now, click on “Balance Enquiry.”
- Instantly, all your account balances will be displayed.
To Check Your GTB Account Balance Using ATM
This method of checking one’s account balance is perfect after an ATM withdrawal. This can be done at any ATM nearby. Using this method makes little sense if that’s the only transaction that is going to be carried out at the ATM. There are faster and more efficient methods already, as written above.
However, if you are at the ATM with your card, you can easily check your account balance by following the guideline below:
- Slide in your card
- Choose your language.
- Enter the 4-digits secret Pin number. ..
- Press “Other transaction” button.
- Press the “Inquiry” button
- Select Bank account Balance
- Your balance will automatically appear on the screen of the ATM machine
- Press Yes, if you wish to continue with other transactions like withdrawing cash from the ATM, otherwise, you terminate the transaction by selecting the “No Option”.
Note: Please do not forget to pull out your ATM Card from the machine.
How to Check Your GTBank Account Balance Using the GTBank App
The GTBank mobile banking app is one of the bank’s most popular features. The app consists of a double-app application consisting of GTB World App (the latest app feature version) and the GTBank App. The application can be downloaded from Google Play for Android devices and App Store for iOS devices.
Apart from the risks of network issues and forgetting one’s login details, the GTB mobile banking app is a solidly secure method to check one’s account balance. To access your account balance via the GTBank app
- Download the app from any app store related to your phone type
- Log in with your bank details which include your account number, email, and phone number. Fingerprint authorization or your pin is a better opinion for a secured banking operation.
- When you successfully log onto the Mobile banking platform, you are granted access to your account(s) which could be savings, current, and domiciliary.
- Once you are granted access, your account balance will appear at the top of the app screen.
How to Check GTBank Account Balance via Phone Call
In case you prefer a direct contact with the bank’s customer services personnel to verify or know your bank account balance, the steps below can guide you:
- Dial 080766655555 on any mobile phone
- Once a GTBank Customer agent picks up your call, request your account balance
- You will be required to confirm your account by providing your account name, account number, email address, home address, next of kin, and so on.
- Your account will be verified and within a short while, your account balance will be forwarded to your phone number.
What is the Meaning of Book Balance in GTBank?
In GTBank, the book balance is the total amount of money in your GTBank account at any given time. It comprises an available balance which is money accessible to the customer, and any extra amount, which is not available for withdrawal. The book balance is what your account balance shows, while your available balance is what the bank allows you to access.
How to Check GTBank Statement of Account on Phone
There are several ways of checking your statement of account as a GTBank user. They include Internet Banking, Mobile App, GTC Connect, Email, and USSD.
How to Check GTBank Statement of Account Using Internet Banking
- Go to the GTB website on www.gtbank.com
- Log onto internet banking by providing your User ID and password.
- Click the drop-down menu at the top left of the screen.
- Scroll until you see the ‘request for a statement of account’ option.
- The details will be displayed. It can be saved/downloaded or printed out.
Using Mobile App
- Log in to the mobile app by providing your phone number and password.
- Tap on the top left corner of the app screen.
- Select the ‘My Services’ option and wait for all the options to load fully.
- Tap on the ‘Statement Request’ option.
- Choose your account type and specify the date range you require.
- When you click submit, a PDF of your customized account statement will be sent to your email.
Checking Bank Account Statement Using GTC Connect
- Simply contact GTB customer care by email at [email protected]
- Request for your statement of account.
- Remember to provide your account number and the required dates in the email.
Checking your Bank Statement Via Periodic Emails
This is the regular method of obtaining a statement of account from GTB. All you have to do is wait till the end of the month for the PDF containing all your transactions for the previous month.
Note: You must have your email address attached to your bank account to be able to receive the GTBank monthly statement of account
To Check for Bank Statement Using USSD Code
To use the USSD method, just dial *737*51*33#. Your statement of account will be sent to your email.
Checking your Bank Statement of Account via the ATM
At the ATM, you can check what is called a mini statement of account. All you need is an ATM card and an ATM machine. Here’s how to get this done:
- Insert ATM card.
- Choose your language.
- Enter the 4-digit secret Pin number. …
- Press the “Other Transaction” button.
- Press the “Mini Statement” button.
- Press “NO” to finish the transaction.
- Please do not forget to pull out your ATM Card from the machine.