You can borrow airtime from Glo by dialing *321# and following the prompt. You can also borrow airtime online by using the Glo app or through the Glo website.
Running out of airtime is never a good thing, especially when you are in the middle of an important call and worst still when you do not have enough cash on you to get your phone credited. Thankfully, Glo has come to the quick aid of its customers with the introduction of Glo Unlimited Borrow Me credit.
This service allows Glo customers to borrow airtime from Glo anytime they run out of airtime. For those searching for the code to borrow money or airtime on their Glo lines and pay later, here are simple guidelines to help you out.
What is Glo Borrow Me Credit Service?
How to Borrow Credit from Glo
Glo Nigeria has provided various platforms through which customers can borrow airtime and pay later. You can borrow Glo airtime through the following means:
- Via USSD Code
- Via Glo internet platform
- Using Glo Nigeria App
While Glo Borrow Me Credit is meant for all Glo subscribers, there are some conditions that the network provider has mapped out for its intending users. Hence, in order to be eligible to borrow airtime from Glo, you must abide by the following rules;
- Be an active Glo Subscriber
- Own a sim card if at least 4 months old
- Recharged your Glo line two or more times.
- Ensure that you do not have any unpaid loans. (You must settle this first before applying again.)
Code to Borrow Airtime from Glo
*321# is the Glo USSD code that customers can use to borrow airtime any time anywhere. No Internet access is required to use this code and all its services. The best part is that it works on all device types. All you need to do is to dial the *321# code and you have it.
If you are still confused about what to do? Use the following steps
- Dial *321# from your mobile phone
- Select the amount of airtime you want to borrow
- Press send to confirm your selection
Note: The amount of Glo airtime you are eligible to borrow is dependent on how you recharge your sim card. This means that you are eligible to borrow up to the highest Glo amount you have recharged since you activated your line/sim/number.
If you dialed the *321# code and got a message informing you that you are not eligible to use the borrow me credit service, then it could be that you just joined the network recently thus not meeting the minimum age in-network requirement of 4 months. It could also mean that you have an unpaid loan that must first be settled before taking another.
You can also borrow a specific amount of airtime by dialing *321*amount#. For example, dial *321*100# to borrow 100.
Other Examples Include;
- *321*50# to borrow airtime worth 50 Naira.
- *321*100# to borrow 100 Naira airtime.
- *321*200# to get 200 Naira airtime.
- *321*500# to borrow 500 Naira.
- *321*1000# to borrow 1000 Naira airtime.
- *321*2000# to get 2000 Naira airtime.
Borrowing Airtime Using the Glo Café App
Using the *321# code may be the fastest method for borrowing airtime from Glo but it is certainly not the only way. You can use the Glo borrow credit me service through the Glo Cafe Nigeria app which you have already downloaded from your app store and have duly registered.
- Click here to download and install the Glo Cafe app if you don not have it installed
- On the app, you will be required to log in with your username and password
- On the app menu, locate the option where you can borrow airtime and click on it
- Select the amount you wish to borrow as determined by your eligibility status
The Glo Cafe app also allows you to perform other activities including
- Live Chat
- Data Subscription
- Profile/Tariff Plan Change
- Buy Voice and International Packs
- Share and Gift Data
- Airtime Recharge
Alternatively, you can borrow Glo airtime online by visiting the Glo website here
- Sign in with your Phone number and Pin and locate the borrow me airtime tab on the menu..
- When you duly follow the instructions or guidelines, you will receive an alert informing you that your account has been credited.
Glo Borrow Me Credit Service Charges
Using the Glo borrow me credit service comes with its charges. The service charges are applied to each Glo borrow me credit option. So, if you didn’t get the exact airtime you requested, don’t be surprised. Below is a list of service charges applicable whenever you borrow credit from Glo;
- When you borrow airtime of 50 Naira, the sum of 7.5 Naira will be deducted as the service charges and your line will be credited with 42.5 Naira.
- When you borrow airtime of 100 Naira, 15 Naira will be deducted as the service charges and your line will be credited with 85 Naira.
- If it is 200 Naira you wish to borrow, 30 Naira will then be deducted as the service charges and your line will be credited with 170 Naira.
- If you borrow 500 Naira, 75 Naira will be deducted as the service charges and your line will be credited with 425 Naira.
- If you borrow 1000 Naira, 150 Naira will be deducted as the service charges and your line will be credited with 850 Naira.
- If you borrow 2000 Naira, 300 Naira will be deducted as the service charges and your line will be credited with 1700 Naira.
Can I Borrow Credit for Others?
Just like you borrow data for your friends and loved ones, Glo also allows you to borrow airtime for your loved ones as well. This is called Glo Borrow for others. The service allows active Glo prepaid subscribers who meet the eligibility criteria, to borrow airtime or data for Friends and Family. To use this service, all you need to do is to
- Dial *777# or *321#,
- On the list of options on your screen, select the option that says ‘borrow airtime for others.
- Select the amount you wish to borrow and send.
Note; All terms and conditions listed above also apply here. Borrowed airtime will also be deducted from your next recharge. Your friends or loved ones can use the borrowed airtime to call any network of their choice. It can also serve for international calls and internet browsing.