Glo night plan is a service provided by Glo Nigeria that allows its customers to browse at a much cheaper rate at night.
Night browsing has become increasingly popular among Nigerian internet users, especially the youths. Glo is one of the telecommunication networks that genuinely support users in their quest for cheap, extensive, and affordable nightly internet plans.
Glo boasts a broad range of options for you to choose from without cutting too deep into your pockets. This article will help you understand the various Glo night plan available, along with their various validity periods and the tariffs you can find them on.
Glo Night Plan Time: When Does Glo Night Plan Start?
The Glo night plan starts officially at midnight. At this time, the night plan starts counting, and the daytime bundle (if there is any) is excluded. The plan runs from 12 a.m. till 5 a.m. making it a total of 5 hours.
So when you subscribe to a night plan, understand that it can only be used within those hours. Once it’s 5 a.m., you won’t be able to use the internet anymore unless you have another active Glo daytime bundle.
Also, remember that when you subscribe to a night plan on Glo, understand that the plan will only be active for the duration of its validity. Shortly, you’ll be introduced to the available night plans on Glo, how to subscribe to them, and how long they remain valid.
How To Do Night Plan On Glo
For many reasons, night surfing is increasingly popular among Nigerians, and Glo users are not left out. If you want to join the train but have issues accessing Glo’s night data bundles, here is the step-by-step process of subscribing to a night data plan on Glo.
- Recharge your Glo line through your bank by dialing *805# and selecting your bank and the amount of airtime you want.
- Alternatively, you can use a recharge card to top up your Glo line by dialing “*123*PIN#, where the PIN is the 15-digit number written on the recharge card.
- The next step is to select your preferred night plan by dialing *777#. This is the main data code for Glo users.
- A pop-up menu will appear. Make your selections in the following order: Data Services – Buy Data – Night and Weekend Plans.
- Go ahead and select option 1 for available Glo Night plans.
- Select the bundle you want and confirm your selection.
- Your Glo night plan is ready and available for the next five hours.
Is There a Glo Night Plan Code for 25 Naira?
There are currently three major night plans on Glo. They include
- The N25 for 250MB,
- The N50 for 500MB,
- The N100 for 1GB night plan.
While the first two plans are valid for one day each, the N100 plan is valid for 5 days. The N25 is the first and cheapest on the night plan affording the user access to 250MB for just 25 Naira. It is valid for only one day, from 12 a.m. to 5 a.m., after which any leftover data will be wiped off.
How to Subscribe to the Glo N25 for a 250MB Night Plan
- Dial *777# and wait for the prompt.
- Select option 1: “Data.”
- Then select the “Buy Data” option.
- Choose whether you want your data plan to be on Auto-renewal or a one-off purchase.
- Next, select the “Weekend plans” option, which is option 7.
- Select option 1: “250 MB Glo Night Plan”
Is There a Glo Night Plan Code for 100 Naira?
Yes, there is. With only N100, you can get as much as 1 024 megabytes (1 GB) on the night plan. For lovers of night browsing, you get 5 hours to surf the net with just N100. This plan is suitable for heavy internet users, as it provides you with data that is almost triple the usual quantity for a very cheap amount.
Whether you have an extensive research project or a heavy, one-time download, make this plan your default night plan on Glo.
Glo 1GB for N100 Night Plan Features
- It runs from 12 a.m. till 5 a.m. for as long as it is valid.
- This plan has a validity period of 5 days (or, in this case), nights. This means that you can always continue using your bundle for the next four days after your subscription.
How to Subscribe to the Glo N100 for 1GB Night Plan
- Make sure you have at least N 100 on your phone credit balance. If not, refer to subheading 2 above.
- Dial *777# on your Glo sim.
- Select the options “Data,” “Buy Data,” and “Night and Weekend Plan” in that order.
- Select the N100 for a 1GB plan and confirm your selection.
- If you wish, you can visit hsi.glo.com or the Glo Cafe mobile app and choose the N100 night plan there.
How to Check Glo Night Data Plan Balance
If you are a conscientious user, you will probably want to know how much data you have left at any given point. Not to worry, as there are currently three ways to check your data balance on Glo. You can use the following steps.
- Dial *127*0# and wait for the pop-up message.
- You could also send “INFO” to the number 127. This is for those who prefer to ask for and receive their balance details through text.
- Finally, you could go through the *777# menu. Click on “3G or 4G Data Plans” – Then “Manage Data” (option 4) – “Check Balance” (also option 4), in that order.
What Happens to Leftover Data from a Glo Night Plan Subscription?
Now you must have wondered what happens to your data if you cannot finish it in one night. In this case, the fate of your data depends largely on the particular night plan you subscribed to. For the N100-1GB plan, you have a space of 5 days within which your data will be valid. And so you don’t have to exhaust the entire bundle in one sitting out of fear of expiry.
On the other hand, the N25 and N50 bundles for 250 MB and 500 MB, respectively, both plans last for only one day (night). This means that unused data will expire once it is 5 a.m. and cannot be used again. So if you are on either plan, endeavor to use up your data as quickly as possible before it expires. In all three night plans, data cannot be rolled over, so all leftovers will be completely lost.