Globacom has declared Friday, 11th August 2017, as the first Free Data Day on its network.
This was announced on Wednesday by the telecommunication company which said it is keeping its earlier promise of launching Free Data Day package.
A statement released by Glo said eligible subscribers will get 200 MB free data to enjoy a free day of FREE browsing, chatting, streaming, downloading, uploading and lots more.
The company also said in order for customers to qualify for the data largesse, they should use 100MB plus N150 on voice calls OR N250 on voice calls between Friday, 4th and Thursday 10th August.
During the launching of the product, Globacom explained that it is open to all prepaid subscribers, adding that Free Data Day gives Glo customers free data for one whole day when they meet the voice and/or data usage threshold within seven days.
Glo state thus:
“We appreciate the essence of the internet in the contemporary world. We are through this product empowering our customers in an unprecedented way in their business, social and educational pursuits.”
Globacom started operation in Nigeria on August 29, 2003, and currently operates in three other West African countries including Republic of Benin, Ghana and Côte d’Ivoire.
Thriving under Mike Adenuga Group, Globacom enjoys the patronage of over 34 million subscribers as of April 2016, of which 26 million are internet users.
The 100 percent Nigerian owned company has so far, built an $800 million high-capacity fibre-optic cable known as Glo-1, a submarine cable from the United Kingdom to Nigeria.
Globacom Business Units
Glo boast of series of business units including:
- Glo Mobile Network Unit – which generated over 120 billion Naira in revenues in Nigeria in its first year of operation.
- Glo Gateway – the company’s International Wholesale Voice and Data Exchange Trading Business Unit. It covers 140 countries under its roaming services, and currently connected to 235 networks.
- Glo Broadband Access – offers landline telephones, broadband internet and video.
- Glo 1 submarine cable became the first successful submarine cable from the United Kingdom to Nigeria and first individual African company to embark to achieve such quest.
- Glo Fleet Manager – functions under Glo Mobile as a Vehicle Tracking Solution.
Among its other business quest, Globacom Limited has High-Speedeed Internet services through the sale of its 3G modem with an effective network in Lagos, Abuja, Benin and PortHarcourt.
In terms of sponsorship, Globacom supports events such as sports, festivals, marathons and public related entertainments. Until 2009, Glo was sponsoring Nigerian Premier League, Nigerian National Football Teams, Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Glo Lagos International Half Marathon, Glo People Police Marathon, Eyo Festival, Ojude Oba Festival, Eleghe Festival and the Confederation of African Football African Player of the Year Award.