So Sad! 24-Year Old Jambite Ends Life’s Journey In Cold Hands Of The Police


During a raid carried out in a nightclub on Oba Akran Road in Ikeja, Lagos State, by the Man Centre Police Division, Ikeja, a 24-year old man, Gabriel Faleye, was arrested but died shortly after.

Although the family members who spoke to Punch claimed that the policemen tortured Gabriel to death as they failed to take him to any hospital when he became unconscious, the Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, however, denied the claim saying he was attacked by a mob when he tried to rob in the area, and when he complained of pains, he was rushed to a hospital where he was later confirmed dead.

According to Punch, the deceased, who was seeking admission to a university, had gone to the club, identified as Roya, with his friends on Sunday when a fight broke out between them and another group at about 2 am on Monday. The fight ensure when Gabriel and his friends were going home, and one of the clubbers, reported to be drunk, urinated on Gabriel.

See Also: For Messing With A Police Officer, See What Happened To This 50-Year Old Man

24-Year-Old Gabriel Faleye Dies In Police Custody Few Hours After Arrest.

The owner of the hotel quickly called the Man Centre Police Division but before the arrival of the police, one of the violent clubbers entered his car and deliberately ran into Gabriel, during which he sustained injuries. When the policemen finally arrived, they arrested Gabriel and one of his friends, Ibrahim Musaka, on the ground that they allegedly robbed in the area.

Read More: How A Man Brutally Murdered His Family Of Four In Yobe

It was disclosed that Gabriel’s friends, who went to the police station with the policemen, informed the policemen that Gabriel Faleye needed medical treatment, but the policemen allegedly refused. The suspect reportedly died around 5 am.

It was gathered that angry family members invaded the station claiming that the policemen tortured Gabriel.

The father of the deceased, Mr. Ibrahim Faleye, who spoke to Punch said he was only informed on the telephone that his son was involved in an accident. He said:

“Gabriel was staying with his mother in Ikeja. He usually went to nightclubs once in a while. He was seeking admission to the University of Lagos.

“This morning, I was called by my wife’s younger sister that Gabriel had an accident and the police took him to a cell. I was later told he had died. The police said they wanted to see me urgently at the station. I was shocked when I was told that he had died.”

The family lawyer, Alex Okpako, also made it known that the police had not allowed the family to see the corpse. According to him:

See Again: Blood On The Altar! See What Pastor Did To 7- Year-Old Daughter Of His Friend [Photo]

“This incident happened when Gabriel and his friends were about leaving the club around 2.30 am to come home. The other group is suspected to be Yahoo boys (scammers). They were drunk and one of them urinated on the deceased. They wanted to fight, but they were immediately separated. Later, the boy brought a car and deliberately rammed into Gabriel by the roadside.

“When the police came, Gabriel’s friends begged them to take him to a hospital because he had been injured. The police refused. The Yahoo boys were later released when they bribed the policemen.

“The policemen beat up Gabriel inside the van. He was not given urgent medical attention. They said he was pretending. He died around 5am in their cell. We want justice done in this matter.”

Reports has it that the family members of Gabriel Faleye had refused to leave the police division, demanding their son’s corpse.