She is the Nigerian first lady, Dr. Dame Chief (Mrs). Patience Fakabelema Jonathan (nee Oba). Her middle name is FAKABELEMA, often shortened to Faka, which means ‘Unending Blessings’. A permanent secretary in her native Bayelsa state. Dr Mrs Patience Jonathan is married to the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan. She has thrilled us and made us laugh over the past few years with a number of her grammatical blunders. Here are just 20 of the most interesting ones:
1. My husband and Sambo is a good people.
2. The President was once a child and the Senators were once a children.
3. My fellow widows.
4. A good mother takes care of his children.
5. The people sitting before you were once a children.
6. Yes we are all happy for the effort,, it is not easy to carry second in an International competition like this one, (addressing press men after Female Under-19 FIFA World Cup).
7. The bombers who born them? Wasn’t it not a woman? They were once a children now a adult now they are bombing women and children making some children a widow.
8. My heart feels sorry for these children who have become widows for loosing their parents for one reason or another.
9. We should have love for our fellow Nigerians irrespective of their NATIONALITY.
10. Thank God the Doctors and Nurses are responding to treatment.
11. I would rather kill myself instead of committing suicide.
12. Ojukwu is a great man, he died but his manhood lives on.
13) Chai! Chai! There is God o… there’s God in everything we are doing, continue!
14) Na only you waka come?
15) Vote UMBLERRA and press your finger for UMBLERRA.
16) My husband, Dr Goodluck Jonathan and Sambo is a quiet people
17. At least we all have HIV AIDS except that some of us are negative and some of us are positive (On World AIDS day speech)
18) History’ll not be completely without OJUKWU.
19) The people sitting before you here were once a Children
20) I donate my family on behalf of 20million