First Bank stands out as one of Nigeria’s biggest banks with millions of customers scattered all over the country. The bank is known for its lifestyle services and products designed to support the family, personal, and business needs of its customers.
The bank’s products include money transfer services, cards, loans & advances, deposit products, channels, distributorship financing, guarantees, foreign trade service, and cash management.
Here, you’ll get to know more about First Bank’s transfer codes, internet and mobile banking services, customer care as well as other interesting facts.
First Bank Transfer Codes
Online transfer on First Bank is very easy and simple to carry out. It can be done even from the comfort of your home. All you need to do is to fund your account. Interestingly, it also works on any type of phone; be it Java, Symbian, Android, or IOS phones.
With First Bank transfer codes, clients make transactions such as bills payment, money transfer, account balance checks, email update, and airtime recharge. As it is uncommon with transfer transactions on other banks, transfer on First Bank can be performed without the internet.
Before we unveil the codes, there are certain things we would want you to understand. They are:
1. First Bank transfer service is open to all First Bank account holders.
2. The transfer service is available to use 24 hours every day.
3. To maximize the service, you must have a phone number registered with the bank.
4. The transfer service is open to subscribers on Airtel, MTN, Etisalat, and Glo.
To transfer money from your First Bank account to other banks in Nigeria using your phone, simply dial *894*Amount*Account Number# Eg. *894*90000*0056738973#
After that, follow the on-screen instructions to complete your transaction. Once, the transaction is successful, you’ll receive an SMS notifying you your transaction was successful.
NB: The maximum amount of airtime you can recharge per day is N10,000. If you are recharging N3,000 and above on your line, you would be requested to input your 5-digit Personal Identification Number.
How To Register For The First Bank *894# Service
- Start by dialing *894*0#
- Choose your preferred debit card
- Input your 4-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) for the debit card
- Generate a new 5-digit PIN
- Your number will automatically go LIVE on the FirstBank USSD banking service.
Internet And Mobile Banking
Technological advancement in the banking sector has really helped in making banking easier for most people, especially the younger generation. In recent time, people seem to prefer making transactions from the comfort of their home using their phones than coming to the banking hall. There’s a ton of reasons why they prefer mobile banking to office transactions. Some of the reasons are because mobile banking is easier to use, it can be easily accessed, it boasts higher security, sometimes little or nothing is spent for any transaction performed with it, and much more.
Like most banks, the bank offers its customers an integrated mobile banking application called First Mobile. With a smartphone, clients are a few steps away from enjoying First Bank’s real-time mobile banking experience.
The app, which is downloaded online, offers various services and can be used to buy airtime on all mobile networks, make domestic fund transfer from First Bank to other banks, pay bills, book flights, make inquiries about customers’ account balance, and also confirm and stop cheques.
Unlike other mobile banking apps, First Mobile can be downloaded and activated without having to visit any of the bank’s branch.
Using the USSD code, to recharge airtime for your self, dial *894*Amount#, to buy airtime for others, dial *894*Amount*Phone Number#, for balance inquiry, dial *894*00#.
First Bank Customer Care
The First Bank Nigeria customer care was primarily set up to tackle the numerous complaints and inquiries from customers and serve them as well.
The bank’s customer care is responsible for handling the following – ATM card block request, stop cheque instruction, statement of account request, information on First Bank products and services, account balance inquiry, online banking inquiries, card PIN re-issue request, card transaction issues, online banking password reset, and all complaints cutting across all First Bank products and services.
The bank’s customer care phone numbers are as follows, +234 708 062 5000, +234 1 9052326, +234 1 9052000, and +234 1 448 5500.
Other Facts About The Bank
- First Bank was founded in 1894 as Bank of British West Africa. It was however renamed First Bank of Nigeria in 1979.
- The multinational bank has its headquarters in Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria.
- A reputable financial services company, the bank has over 790 branches as of 2012.
- It was named the Best Retail Bank in Nigeria in 2015. The award was bestowed on the bank by The Asian Banker headquartered in Singapore.
- According to information online, the bank boasts over 10 million customers and more than 7,000 members of staff.
- As of December 2015, First Bank’s assets totaled 3.9 trillion Naira.