The Department of Petroleum Resources, DPR Recruitment application usually open every year via the agency’s website.
Born out of Petroleum Division in 1970, the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) is laden with statutory responsibility of ensuring compliance to petroleum laws, regulations, and guidelines in the Oil and Gas Industry.
As a government body – precisely under the Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources (FMPR), the DPR is involved in monitoring of operations at drilling sites, producing wells, production platforms and flow stations, crude oil export terminals, refineries, storage depots, pump stations, retail outlets, any other locations where petroleum is either stored or sold, and all pipelines carrying crude oil, natural gas and petroleum products.
Suitable candidates from qualified Universities and Polytechnics, as well as experienced and skilled professionals, are usually invited to apply via DPR recruitment portal (recruitment.dpr.gov.ng).
The department job offers include graduate trainees which give the opportunity to develop specialist skills and professional competencies in oil/gas relations and supervision during their career. As well as experienced hire.
Requirements for Graduate Trainees at the DPR
Graduates for this category are required to have the following:
- A B.Sc/BA/B.Pharm./HND in relevant Engineering and Management/Social Sciences With a minimum of Second Class Lower or Upper Credit.
- N.Y.S.C discharged/exemption certificate.
- Not more than 30 years old.
- Must be a computer literate.
Requirements Experienced Hire
After the rigorous screening process, successful candidates are privileged to have their career in the regulatory and monitoring of the dynamic Nigerian Oil and Gas industry with very bright prospects of attaining the peak of their profession.
Candidates For this category are expected to possess the following:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience from the Oil and Gas industry or any other relevant experience.
- Candidate should not be more than 40 years old.
- Possess NYSC discharged/exemption certificate.
- Candidate must be a computer literate.
How It Works
The Department of Petroleum Resources, DPR, application for any job posting is free, thus applicants are warned not the disclose their account details/information to anyone.
Application Procedures for DPR Recruitment
There are twelve procedures given by the DPR for application of job opening, viz:
1. Applicants are to read and adhere to instructions on the recruitment portal homepage and get the required documents for the category that best describes their interests.
2. To go to the registration page, the applicant is to click on the register button under the application guidelines section on the recruitment portal home page.
Also, applicants have the option to restart the application at any time before final submission. To restart, click on the restart application button at the bottom of any application page.
3. Applicants are to fill the registration form with correct data and then click on the register button and a confirmation message will be sent to the e-mail provided.
Note: Make sure you protect your login credentials. It should not be shared with others. The password format should contain one uppercase letter, one lower case letter, and one number and must be at least six characters long examples: Dpr12dwe, pR12dw32, User1234.
4. After registration, candidates will receive an email confirmation to notify them of their registration and they will be redirected to the login page where they are to login with their newly created credentials. Login and select the appropriate job type that best describe your interest. Read the instructions beneath carefully an click on apply.
5. On the next DPR recruitment page, you are to select the job type that best describes your field of study and click on apply.
6. The next page requires your bio-data information and a passport photograph which must be in .png format and not more than 62 Kilobyte (62Kb).
Click on the box to upload your photo and click on save and continue to submit the form and picture.
NOTE: The form must be submitted before following the next step.
7. On the next page fill in your contact details and proceed to the next stage.
8. The third stage requires you to fill in your education information. For graduate trainee position, you can only enter one higher institution and more than one for experienced hire.
9. All documents listed below should be in PDF format, viz
- N.Y.S.C Discharge/ Exemption Certificate
- Higher Institution Certificate
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate
10. On the next page, provide your referee information, professional qualification (if available) and select your preferred and alternate examination center. Click on save and continue and your profile will be created. Candidates are advised to assess the page thoroughly and edit any incorrect information.
Plus you can print the page for reference purposes as this contains your reference number which you should write down in a safe place.
NOTE: The page does not guarantee your approval for any job posting. It is merely for reference purposes.
Before clicking the submit and print button, the candidate should cross-check the information provided. Otherwise, they will not be able to make further changes.
11. Candidates should always check their e-mail and dashboard for any latest information.
12. You can always access this information page by clicking on how it works button at the top tab.