You don’t need to be told that Diamond Bank provides commercial financial services in Nigeria, do you? Its headquarter is located in Lagos and the bank has up to 240 branches spread across the nation.
Not only in Nigeria, Diamond Bank also has offices in other African countries such as Benin Republic, Senegal, Togo, and Côte d’Ivoire. With such widespread banking operation comes the online banking design to provide ease of transactions.
As you read further, you will learn about getting online services via the Diamond Bank Customer Care contacts, using mobile transfer codes to move your money around the globe and what have you.
Diamond Bank Online
Diamond Bank online is an internet banking platform that customers can use to assess the variety of the bank’s services anytime (24/7), anywhere and at their own convenience.
With its featured solutions which make online banking easy for customers, Diamond Bank online service enables people to:
- Transfer funds from their account to other accounts;
- Make foreign transactions via their domiciliary account with Diamond bank in USD, GBP, and EURO;
- Monitor activities on their account(s);
- Pay their bills;
- Manage their regular payments;
- Book and manage their Term/Fixed deposits;
- Receive Western Union transfer directly into their Diamond account;
- Book and pay for local and international flights;
- Request for a debit card on their account and set transaction limit.
How to Register/Apply for Diamond Bank Online
To start using Diamond Online, you’ll need the User ID that was sent to your email after you opened an account with the bank. Otherwise, you can visit any of the branch close to you to request for a User ID from their customer service. Once you’ve done that, follow these simple steps:
1. Go to Diamond Online, and click on either Login without Token or Login with Token.
2. Either way, click on request/forgot password to enter your diamond bank online banking username & account number; click send thereafter.
3. Your requested Password will be sent to the phone number you registered on your diamond bank account.
4. Return to the Login Page and Sign in using your internet banking ID and the password you just received.
5. You will be required to change your password and create a PIN that will be used to authenticate and complete your transactions.
6. When all the above is done, you’re good to go.
Mobile Transfer Codes
The following are Diamond Bank USSD transfer codes and their uses:
1. For Account Balance Enquiry – Dial *710*556*PIN#
2. To Purchase Airtime – Dial *710*555*PHONE NO*AMOUNT*PIN#
3. For Bank to Bank Transfers – Dial *710*777*ACCOUNT NO*AMOUNT*PIN#
4. Diamond Y’ello to Diamond Y’ello Transfers – Dial *710*710*PHONE NO*AMOUNT*PIN#
5. Bill Payments – Dial *710*123*PIN#
Making Transactions from your Diamond Bank Account with Mobile Phone
Although the number you used when creating an account with the bank was suppose to have been automatically activated for Mobile Money Transfer; in order to transfer money with your mobile phone using the bank USSD code, you are expected to have your phone number registered for transactions.
Since that is the case, to transfer money from Diamond Y’ello Account to another Diamond Y’ello Account simply dial *710*710*PHONE NO*AMOUNT*PIN# on your mobile phone and Follow the on-screen instruction.
To transfer money from Diamond Bank to other Banks in Nigeria, dial *710*777*ACCOUNT NO*AMOUNT*PIN#
To check your account balance on your phone, simply dial *710*556*PIN# and it will appear on your screen.
To buy airtime to recharge your Phone, simply dial *710*555*PHONE NO*AMOUNT*PIN#.
Customer Care Contacts
The Diamond Bank PLC Head Office is located at – PGD’s Place, Plot 4, Block 5, BIS Way, off Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lekki, Lagos
Telephone: +234-01-4489830, 0700-300-0000
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
For Enquiries/Information: Call 0700 300 0000; email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit any Diamond branch.
You can also get to know more about Diamond Bank or reach them on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Other Facts to Know
Year Founded: December 20, 1990, Nigeria
Founder: Pascal G. Dozie
CEO: Uzoma Dozie (24 Oct 2014 to present)
Areas Served: Nigeria, United Kingdom, and a handful of other countries.
Meanwhile, it was reported sometime in June 2018 that the bank will convert its international banking license to a national one by the end of the year. Thus, they are selling their assets outside Nigeria to take advantage of the banking opportunities the country’s huge population presents.