What does the bible say about friendship? The friends you keep in life will either make or mar you, so one needs to be careful in choosing friends. Also, you need to know how to deal with the people that God has brought into your life. Making friends can be easy but keeping them requires wisdom, most of this wisdom you find in the bible. David and Jonathan were best of friends, won’t you like to know the secrets that helped them sustain their friendship?
1. 1 Samuel 15:35 – And Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his death: nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul: and the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel.
2. 1 John 3:7 – Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
3. Philippians 2:19 – But I trust in the Lord Jesus to send Timotheus shortly unto you, that I also may be of good comfort when I know your state.
4. Romans 16:4 – Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles.
5. 2 Samuel 10:2 – Then said David, I will shew kindness unto Hanun the son of Nahash, as his father shewed kindness unto me. And David sent to comfort him by the hand of his servants for his father. And David’s servants came into the land of the children of Ammon.
6. 2 Samuel 1:17-27 – And David lamented with this lamentation over Saul and over Jonathan his son
7. 1 Samuel 23:16-18 – And Jonathan Saul’s son arose, and went to David into the wood, and strengthened his hand in God.
8. 1 Samuel 18:20 – And Michal Saul’s daughter loved David: and they told Saul, and the thing pleased him.
9. Acts 23:16 – And when Paul’s sister’s son heard of their lying in wait, he went and entered into the castle, and told Paul.
Best Friend Bible Verses
10. John 21:7 – Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved saith unto Peter, It is the Lord. Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he girt [his] fisher’s coat [unto him], (for he was naked,) and did cast himself into the sea.
11. John 20:11-18 – But Mary stood without at the sepulcher weeping: and as she wept, she stooped down, [and looked] into the sepulcher,
12. John 11:1-46 – Now a certain [man] was sick, [named] Lazarus, of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha.
13. John 1:1-51 – In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
14. Proverbs 18:24 – A man [that hath] friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend [that] sticketh closer than a brother.
15. John 15:13 – Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
16. Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 – Two [are] better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.
17. Proverbs 27:17 – Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
18. Proverbs 17:17 – A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
19. Proverbs 27:19 – As in water face [answereth] to face, so the heart of man to man.
20. 1 Peter 4:8-10 – And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.
21. 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 – Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become [as] sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
22. Proverbs 16:28 – A froward man soweth strife: and a whisperer separateth chief friends.
23. Proverbs 27:6 – Faithful [are] the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy [are] deceitful.
24. Hebrews 10:24-25 – And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works
25. 1 Thessalonians 5:11 – Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
26. Proverbs 27:9 – Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so [doth] the sweetness of a man’s friend by hearty counsel.
27. Job 6:14 – To him that is afflicted pity [should be shewed] from his friend, but he forsaketh the fear of the Almighty.
28. Ruth 1:17 – Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the LORD do so to me, and more also, [if ought] but death part thee and me.
29. 1 Samuel 18:1-4 – And it came to pass when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.
30. 1 Samuel 16:1 – And the LORD said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons.
31. John 3:16 – For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
32. Proverbs 27:14 – He that blesseth his friend with a loud voice, rising early in the morning, it shall be counted a curse to him.
33. 2 Samuel 17:1-22 – Moreover Ahithophel said unto Absalom, Let me now choose out twelve thousand men, and I will arise and pursue after David this night.
34. Colossians 3:14 – But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.
35. I John 3:18 – My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.
36. I John 4:18 – There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear.
37. John 13:34 – A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this will all know that you are My disciples if you have love for one another.
38. Romans 12:10 – Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honour giving preference to one another.
39. Romans 13:8 – Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
40. I Thessalonians 3:12 – And may the Lord make you increase and about in love to one another and to all, just as we do to you.
41. Hebrews 13:1 – Let brotherly love continue.
42. Proverbs 17:17 – A friend loves at all times.
43. Proverbs 18:24 – A man who has friends must himself be friendly, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
44. Proverbs 27:10 – Do not forsake your own friend or your father’s friend.
Bible Verses About Good Friends
45. Ecclesiastes 4:9 – Two are better than one, Because they have a good reward for their labor.
46. John 15:13 – Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.
47. I Peter 3:8 – Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous.
48. I Peter 4:8 – And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.”
49. I Peter 5:14 – Greet one another with a kiss of love.
50. I John 2:10 – He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him.
51. Proverbs 10:12 – Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all sins.
52. Romans 13:10 – Love does no harm to a neighbour; therefore love is the fulfilment of the law.
53. I Corinthians 13:1 – Though I speak with the tongues of men and angels, but have not love, I have become a sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
54. I Corinthians 13:4 – Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself; is not puffed up.
55. I Corinthians 13:8 – Love never fails.
56. I John 3:10-12 – For this is the message that you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
57. I John 3:14 – We know that we have passed from death to life because we love the brethren.
58. I John 4:7-8 – Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.
59. I John 4:11 – Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
60. I John 4:12 – If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us.
Bible Verses About Friendship and Forgiveness
61. 1 John 1:9 – If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
62. Luke 6:27 – But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you.
63. Deuteronomy 6:6-7 – And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart
64. Colossians 3:21 – Fathers, provoke not your children [to anger], lest they be discouraged.
65. Proverbs 29:15 – The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left [to himself] bringeth his mother to shame.
66. Proverbs 22:6 – Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
67. Proverbs 13:24 – He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.
68. Luke 6:37 – Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
69. 1 Peter 3:9 – Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
70. Proverbs 15:18 – A wrathful man stirreth up strife: but [he that is] slow to anger appeaseth strife.
71. Proverbs 15:1 – A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.
72. Ephesians 6:4 – And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
73. Ephesians 4:26-27 – Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath
74. Matthew 5:44 – But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
75. Proverbs 31:26 – She openeth her mouth with wisdom, and in her tongue [is] the law of kindness.
76. Ephesians 4:32 – And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.
77. Colossians 3:13 – Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also [do] ye.
78. Ephesians 4:31 – Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
79. Mark 11:25 – And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
Bible Verses About Friendship For Kids
80. Proverbs 17:17 – A friend loveth at all times.
81. Proverbs 28:17 – As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.
82. Proverbs 27:6 – Wounds from a sincere friend are better than many kisses from an enemy.
83. Proverbs 27:6 – Faithful are the wounds of a friend.
84. Proverbs 22:11 – Whoever loves a pure heart and gracious speech will have the king as a friend.
85. Psalm 119:63 – I am a friend to anyone who fears you – anyone who obeys your commandments
86. 1 John 1:7 – But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.
87. Proverb 22:24-25 – Don’t befriend angry people or associate with hot-tempered people, or you will learn to be like them and endanger your soul.
88. Proverbs 19:24 – There are friends who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother.
89. Proverbs 17:17 – A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need.
90. James 4:4 – Whosoever, therefore, will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
91. John 15:13 – There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.
92. Galatians 6:2 – Share each other’s troubles and problems, and in this way obey the law of Christ.
93. John 15:14-15 – You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn’t confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends since I have told you everything the Father told me.
94. Proverbs 28:9 – The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense.
95. Colossians 1:11 – Being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience,
96. Psalm 37:28 – For the Lord loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones.
97. Ecclesiastes 6:14 – A faithful friend is a strong defence: and he that hath found, a treasure.
98. Proverbs 12:26 – The righteous is a guide to his neighbour, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.
99. Proverbs 13:20 – He who walks with wise men will be wise, But the companion of fools will suffer harm.
100. John 15:13 – Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.
- 100+ Bible Verses About Hope
- Most Inspirational Bible Verses About Life
- 15 Bible Verses Against Homosexuality