The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) is an international professional accountancy organization that offers its students and members a variety of globally recognized qualifications they need to establish a flourishing career in accountancy.
Created in 1904, the body boasts over 200,000 qualified members and 486,000 students all over the world, including Nigeria. Its offices in Nigeria are situated in Port Harcourt (Oginigba on Plot 129-131 of the Trans Amadi Industrial Layout), Abuja (the Central Business District on Constitution Avenue), and Lagos (Etim Inyang Street on Victoria Island).
How To Become A Member Of ACCA
To register and make payment for your ACCA exams, you need to be an ACCA member first. You are expected to apply for membership only after you are done with the following:
- Your Professional Ethics module
- The practical experience requirements by – 1. completing the necessary nine performance objectives. 2. achieving 36 months in a relevant finance or accountancy role. 3. Ensuring your experience is signed off by your practical experience supervisor.
Note: Application for membership on ACCA takes place online at myACCA or you can simply download and fill the application form in the Related Documents section on ACCA’s homepage, after which you’ll return it to the body.
Ensure that you regularly visit and upgrade your PER progress using My Experience, else you might not be invited to become a member anytime soon.
Get copies of any documentation relating to your relevant work experience and employment handy as it may be needed for PER audit purposes.
Do not forget to complete the Professional Ethics module and keep your email address and contact details alive to avoid delayed invitation from ACCA.
You’ll be emailed or sent a letter, inviting you to become a member once you meet the membership requirements.
How To Make Payments For Your ACCA Exams
Payments for ACCA exams are usually done in so many ways but the easiest is online payment via myACCA. If you wish to, you can pay online using your debit card (Visa, Mastercard, China UnionPay), PayPal, credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express (AMEX), China UnionPay), Alipay, and pre-paid debit card.
You can make an online payment by clicking here. Once your payment is successful, you will receive an acknowledgement email from ACCA within 48 hours. And once this is done, you are then allowed to log in to your ACCA account to do other necessary things.
Interestingly, there are alternative methods of payment on ACCA and they are – Sterling bank drafts drawn on a UK bank, Crossed GBP cheque, and Crossed British Postal Order.
It is important to know that your drafts and cheques should be made payable to ‘ACCA’ and do not also forget to provide your ID number on the front of cheques/drafts. Affiliates, members, and registered students are expected to check that their payment has been processed by visiting their myACCA account. You are expected to contact ACCA Connect by phone or email if you encounter a problem with your payment.
ICAN: Brief Bio
Founded on September 1, 1965, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) is a renowned professional accountancy body in Nigeria established with the aim of encouraging professionalism in the accountancy career.
Created by an Act of Parliament No. 15 of 1 September 1965, the institution is headquartered in Lagos and boasts over 35,000 members.
To become a member of ICAN, you need the following:
- A recent passport photograph.
- A University degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) from any Polytechnic accredited by ICAN.
- O level result which must contain at least five credits passes.
How To Check Your ICAN Results
ICAN results are very easy to check. It only requires you to follow simple steps in order to find out what your score is. For easy and smooth navigation, follow the undermentioned steps.
- Log on to http://icanig.org
- Move to the right-hand side of the web page and click on “more” below the ‘students’ icon box.
- Click on ‘Check Your Examination Result’
4. Here, you’ll be directed to the next page, which is actually the result checking page. You are expected to select and fill your examination details, such as your registration number, examination number and other details.
- Ensure that you verify the details you have filled to ascertain if they are all correct.
- Click on ‘Check Exam Result’ and your ICAN results will be displayed.
- You may choose to print your results or log out.