DStv is the most popular satellite television service in sub-Saharan Africa. It was able to become Africa’s leading entertainment company by securing the rights to the best content from worldwide. The company also creates content that has as much popularity as those sourced from elsewhere.
To access all the channels on offer on DStv Nigeria, customers must have a subscription to the premium package priced at N18,400. Understanding that not everyone can afford to pay that amount, the company created other cheaper packages (for as low as N1,850) that will still give great entertainment value.
The Different DStv Packages and Their Subscription Prices
DStv Nigeria has various packages designed to meet the demands of various types of customers in the country. They also vary in prices so no one is left out from watching the best content on any television on the continent.
1. DStv Premium – N18,400 per month
The DStv Premium package is the highest and most expensive package on offer to customers. While subscribers will have to part away with a huge chunk of cash, they will get access to more than 175 channels, i.e all available channels on DStv Nigeria.
The premium package prides itself on offering the latest international blockbuster movies, series, and reality shows from around the globe. Nigerians who subscribe to this package also have access to all the live sports with 16 SuperSports channels. Add to that all the news, documentaries, and kids’ programming and you have the best viewing experience ever.
2. DStv Compact Plus – N10,650 per month
This is the most popular package subscribed to on DStv Nigeria as there is great value for money. With more than 155 channels available, Nigerians who subscribe to the Compact Plus package get all the entertainment they love and more.
Football lovers get to watch matches from top international leagues as well as the UEFA Champions League. All the African Magic channels are also on offer with the best local content as well as award-winning international documentaries, blockbuster movies, and gripping American series and TV shows on channels like 1 Magic HD, M-Net Movies, FOX, etc.
3. DStv Compact – N7,900 per month
With more than 135 channels available, the DStv Compact package gives access to a wide variety of programs. It is a mini version of the Compact Plus package. Sports lovers have an edge with this package over the next one as they can watch the English Premier League and other sporting events, including the best of wrestling from the WWE. The DStv Compact package also includes a range of lifestyle, news, and interactive channels. Possible favorites would include Sky News, Studio Universal, BBC Brit, ITV Choice, MTV, and the African Magic channels.
4. DStv Confam – N4,615 per month
The DStv Confam package, which replaced the Family package, was designed with family time in mind as everyone has something for them in the more than 120 channels available. From sports to Nollywood and Hollywood movies, documentaries, kids shows, and much more, there is something for everyone in the family in this package. Some of the notable channels here include CNN International, M-Net City, Africa Magic Epic, Telemundo, Discovery Family, and Cartoon Network.
5. DSTV Yanga – N2,565 per month
The difference in cost between the DStv Yanga package and the one after it is about N700. Subscribers have access to more than 95 TV channels where they can enjoy both Nollywood and Hollywood movies, documentaries, international telenovelas, reality TV, music, and much more. Some of these channels include Africa Magic, BBC World News, Zee World, and Nat Geo Wild.
6. DStv Padi – N1,850 per month
The DStv Padi package is the least expensive on DStv Nigeria. Subscribers to the package will have access to more than 40 channels, including Nollywood movies, international telenovelas, kids’ shows, and sports highlights. The most notable channels are SuperSports Blitz, E Entertainment, SilverBird, AIT, NTA, African Magic, and Aljazeera.
- DStv Premium – N18,400 per month
- DStv Compact Plus – N10,650 per month
- DStv Compact – N7,900 per month
- DStv Confam – N4,615 per month
- DSTV Yanga – N2,565 per month
- DStv Padi – N1,850 per month
DStv Subscriptions, Payment Plans, and Prices
All the different packages available on DStv Nigeria can be paid for on a monthly or yearly basis. With the annual option, customers get to save one month’s subscription as they only get to pay for 11 months. The 12th month is given for free.
Below is a breakdown of the options.
|DStv Package||Monthly Fee||Yearly Fee|
How To Pay For A Package On DStv Nigeria
There are different ways through which customers can renew their DStv subscriptions. Gone are the days when one has to visit a walk-in center to get their packages renewed. All the methods listed below are easy and fast and can even be done on your mobile phone.
1. Internet Banking Applications
One of the many things that users of internet banking applications in Nigeria can do is pay bills. This option is available on all the apps of the banks in the country, including GTbank, First Bank, Keystone Bank, Zenith Bank, Access Bank, FCMB, Union Bank, and so on.
Under the Pay Bills option is Cable TV. Here, you will be able to pay for a subscription to either DStv, GOtv, Startimes, Kwese, and so on. To use this option, go through the following steps.
- Log in or sign in to your mobile bank app (internet banking app).
- Click on either “Pay Bills” or “Bills Payment”.
- Select Cable TV from the available options and then click on DStv.
- Select the DStv Nigeria package (premium, confam, padi, etc) that you want to pay for.
- Enter your authentication PIN and wait for a notification message that says the transaction is successful.
Quickteller is fast becoming the favorite payment platform for Nigerians. This is because it was designed to make everyday payments simple, safe, and secure. It can be done either on the mobile app or on the Quickteller website. To use this option, go through the following steps.
- Navigate to the DStv payment page on Quickteller – https://www.quickteller.com/dstv
- Select the DStv Nigeria Package you want to renew
- Put in your smartcard number, mobile number, and email address
- Click the “Continue” button
- Once you confirm your account details, you will be redirected to the payment page
- Enter your debit or credit card details and click on the “Pay” button.
- A successful payment notification will be sent to your phone.
3. DStv Self Service or My DStv App
This is one of the best and fastest ways to renew your subscription. You can choose to not only pay for yourself through this service but also pay for another person. You also have the option of making the payment when you travel outside the country. This way, your family is able to continue to enjoy their favorite programs while you are not around.
To use this option, go through the following steps.
- Visit DStv Eazy Service payment page – (http://eazy.dstv.com/en/ng/pay).
- Select country, i.e Nigeria. This option should already be chosen. You can choose to change it using the drop-down menu.
- Put in your decoder’s smartcard number, i.e the decoder you want to renew its subscription.
- Enter the captcha text and click on the “Verify” button.
- After your account has been verified, click on “View Balance and Pay”.
- The page will be redirected to a payment summary page that will display the date and amount that you are supposed to pay.
- Click “Pay”.
The payment subscription page containing the information about the account owner will be displayed at this point. You will have to select out of the available payment options which one you prefer.
To use Global Pay to renew your DStv subscription, follow the steps below.
- Select Global Pay as your preferred method of payment.
- Enter your payment details. This includes your first & last names, phone number, e-mail address, and smart card number.
- Click on globalpay.com to complete the payment.
- After this, you will be redirected to the global pay website.
- Select your card type, enter the card details and click on “Pay”.
- Once the payment is successful, you will be taken back to the DStv Eazy Service Portal.
To use the eTranzact payment platform to renew your DStv subscription, follow the steps below.
- Select eTranzact Payment >> BankIT >> enter bank account number >> select the bank.
- Submit the details of the 6-digit passcode generated.
- Dial *389*00# with the phone number associated registered with the bank account used to receive a one-time password (OTP).
- Type the OTP into the space provided and click “Pay”.
- If the payment is successful, you receive a message that says it is successful.
To use Pay-U to renew your DStv subscription, follow the steps below
- Select Pay-U as your preferred method of payment.
- Enter card details. This includes the full name on the card, the card holder’s number, the card number, its expiry date, and CVV number.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to complete the payment.
To use Paga e-Pay to renew your DStv subscription, follow the steps below.
- Select Paga e-Pay as your preferred payment option.
- Enter card details
- Follow the prompts on the screen to complete the payment.
Zenith Eazy Money Wallet
To use the Zenith Eazy Money Wallet to renew your DStv subscription, follow the steps below.
- Choose the Zenith Eazy Money Wallet as your preferred payment option.
- Input your mobile number and Eazy money pin.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to complete the payment.
To use KongaPay to renew your DStv subscription, follow the steps below.
- Log in to your account
- Go to Services and Bills and click on TV subscription
- Select DStv and input your smart card number (all your details, including the current package, are automatically pre-populated on the screen). To change the current plan, select the bouquet drop-down menu and select appropriately.
- Select “Pay” and input your KongaPay pin. An OTP will be sent to your phone.
- Select confirm to complete the transaction.
4. ATM Machines
DStv subscription payments can now be done at the nearest ATM machines to you. This service is powered by Quickteller so look out for the Quickteller logo on the ATM. To use this payment option, follow the steps below.
- Go the any ATM close to you and insert your card
- Put in your PIN
- From the options available on the screen, select “Pay Bills”
- Select account type (Current or Savings)
- Click DStv from the options on the screen
- Choose your preferred DStv package
- Enter your Smartcard number and click “Accept”
Your DStv subscription can also be renewed at all POS locations around you. When making this payment, all you need to have with you is your debit or credit card, smartcard number, and phone number. You will also need to know which package you are subscribing to. The POS agent will then assist you in completing the transaction.
How To Activate Your DStv Subscription After Payment Has Been Confirmed
Always ensure that your decoder is switched on when you complete payment to renew your DStv Nigeria subscription. If for some reason or the other that your viewing is not restored shortly afterward, simply send a text with “RA” and your smartcard number to 30333.
For example, if your smartcard number is 0123456789, text “RA 0123456789” to 30333.
How To Check Your DStv Subscription Status
To know when exactly your DStv subscription will expire, you can check the status of your subscription through three different ways: online, text, mobile app.
- Online: To use this option, sign in to the self-service page. Click on Account and you should be able to see your account balance and current subscription expiry date.
- Mobile App: The DStv mobile app homepage displays the due date of your subscription and account balance.
- Text/SMS: Simply text DUE with your Smartcard number to 30333.
- USSD: Customers in Nigeria can dial *288# on their phone to check their DStv subscription.
Can My DStv Subscription Be Upgraded After Payment Is Made?
There are instances whereby you might already have an active DStv subscription but are looking to upgrade on the package. DStv allows customers to do so without any hassle. However, you must understand that the DStv service is prepaid for a full month. When your subscription is paid for, the contract for that month is fixed. So, when you want to upgrade in the middle of a fixed monthly contract, you will be required to pay the difference between your current and upgraded packages. Your package will subsequently be upgraded and the subscription will last till your next payment date. Note that your payment date does not change because you have upgraded the package.
To downgrade, on the other hand, stepping down your DStv subscription package can only happen once a month – the day your subscription payment is due.
Step By Step Process Of Upgrading Your DStv Packages
1. Through The MyDstv App:
- Launch the app on your mobile device and login
- Click on view all packages
- Tick your current package to unveil the “Change Package Now” button
- Click on “Change Package Now”
- Choose the package you want to upgrade to and click on “Next”
- You will receive a success notification that indicates your account has been upgraded
2. Via the DStv Website
- Visit the website – https://www.dstvafrica.com/.
- At the top right corner of the site, click on “Login”
- Enter the mobile phone number you used to register your Dstv or your surname on the account
- Fill in your DStv smart card number and click on the “Login” button
- Once you have logged into your Dstv account online, you will see your account information and services subscribed to
- Click on the “Change Package” button and select the package you want to upgrade/downgrade to.
- Click on “Next” and your package will change instantly