Life starts at birth and ends not at death but when we stop living a happy life. In-between when we are born and when we eventually take the last breath, thousands of events will pass.
However, not all these events will stand the taste of time in our memory box. This is why we should do everything possible to store as many events as possible, carry out every single positive act conceived so that when we are old, we will look back and smile – no regrets.
Spending your youthful days and not realizing how beautiful you are will only bring tears to your feeble eyes when your once glowing skin will be full with age and wrinkles.
This article contains a long list of things that will help you understand the importance of using your time efficiently and fully so you don’t have any regrets when you are older.
1. Surrounding yourself with awful friends. You are to a large extent who you dine with.
2. Spending too much time in a crappy relationship. You knew how awful it was at the time, but you couldn’t get yourself to let go.
3. Staying in too many nights. Life may not always be a party, but there should be a few festivals scattered throughout.
4. Being too busy. Busy can be good; busy can be bad. Don’t be too busy to enjoy life.
5. Never taking a moment to do absolutely nothing. Living doesn’t require anything but breathing. If you want to know what living really feels like, take a moment to do absolutely nothing.
6. Not giving it your all when your all was needed.
7. Making all those excuses. You can make all the excuses you want as long as you realize that one day, you will accept them as just that: excuses.
8. Blaming others for your misfortune. Point the finger at the mirror, instead.
9. Giving up. You can’t go back and redo what you did — or in this case, didn’t do.
10. Giving into your fears.
You Might Like This: 100 Sex Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend
11. Moping around instead of living. Don’t feel sorry for yourself; it’s pathetic.
12. Following the herd. It’s for sheep only. You’re better than that. Lead and don’t follow.
13. Not flossing. Your teeth won’t stay strong forever.
14. Not following your passion. Life should be your passion. If you aren’t passionate, you aren’t living.
15. Not loving intensely. Love and love deeply.
16. Allowing others to keep you down. You’re not a doormat. Don’t let others treat you as such.
17. Not speaking your mind. Brilliance isn’t brilliance if you keep it to yourself.
18. Taking a huge risk. We all need to take one big risk in our lives in order to feel that we really did live to the fullest.
19. Not dreaming big enough. If you’re going to devote your time to something, make it the craziest, most incredible something you possibly can.
20. Not crying or laughing enough. Emotions make us feel alive. Don’t bundle them up; let them free.
See Also: 220 Quotes About Happiness
21. Not letting those you care about know that you care about them.
22. Not telling those you love that you love them while you still had the chance. People aren’t around forever. Accidents happen; aging happens.
23. Not using that condom that one time. It was just that one time, and you’ve been living with the consequence ever since.
24. Not putting a ring on it. Commitment is a scary thing. What if he or she turns out not to be the right person? Well, that’s what divorce was created for.
25. Spending years pretending to be someone you’re not.