Human beings are wired to be emotional, and the heart is the seat of emotion, so anything that affects the emotion most times is something that has to do with the heart. Love is sweet but whoever falls in love stands the risk of heartbreak. So the question is how does one deal with heartbreak when it happens. Here is a list of quotes about heart break.
Sad Breakup Quotes – Quotes About Heart Break
1. Life breaks all of us sometimes, but some grow strong at broken places.
2. Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.
3. Every adversity. every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.
4. Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart.
5. It is best to love wisely, no doubt, but to love foolishly is better than not to be able to love at all.
6. To love and win is the best thing.To love and lose the next best.
7. Maybe one day we shall be glad to remember even these hardships.
8. If someone says or does something hurtful, call upon heaven for protection and healing.
9. Things end because something else is ready to begin.
10. You can’t make someone love you. All you can do is be someone who can be loved.The rest is up to the person to realize your worth.
11. You never really stop loving someone, you just learn to live without them.
12. You will never know true happiness until you have truly loved, and you will never understand what pain really is until you have lost it.
13. A life without love is like a year without summer.
14. Hold on… God knows what He is doing.
15. I don’t miss him, I miss who I thought he was.
16. If someone dumps on you… use it as compost.
17. When we lose one we love, our bittersweet tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough.
18. If you don’t love me at my worst, then you don’t deserve me at my best.
19. Someone I loved gave me a box full of darkness… It took me years to understand that, this too, was a gift.
20. People should not judge failed love affairs as failed experiences, but as part of the growth process. Something does not have to end well for it to have been one of the most valuable experiences of a lifetime.
21. We’re not broken, just bent, and we can learn to love again.
22. I would rather be alone with dignity than in a relationship that requires me to sacrifice my self-respect.
23. The rain will stop, the night will end, the hurt will fade. Hope is never so lost that it can’t be found.
24. Rejection never feels good, but it certainly hurts less when we are not needing something from the person who is rejecting us.
25. If you want something very, very badly, let it go free.If it comes back to you, it’s yours forever. If it doesn’t, it was never yours, to begin with.
26. Sorrows are our best educator. A man can see further through a tear than a telescope.
27. Letting go isn’t the end of the world…It’s the beginning of a new life.
28. Relationships are like glass…sometimes it is better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself putting it back together.
29. Sometimes all you need is a broken heart to realize that something even better is right in front of your eyes, just waiting to be found.
30. Sometimes you have to move on without certain people. If they’re meant to be in your life… They’ll catch up.
31. Absence is to love what wind is to fire, it extinguishes the small and inflames the great.
32. You know it’s love when all you want is for that person to be happy, even if you’re not part of their happiness.
33. The wound is the place where the Light enters you.
34. Sometimes we may find that our partner continues to seek satisfaction in ways that we cannot live with. Nevertheless, when we decide to go our own way, we still have a choice as to how we separate. We can separate with bad feelings, blaming the other’s faults and unacceptable behaviour, or we can separate with forgiveness, love and understanding.
35. Love will find a way through paths where wolves fear to prey.
36. The heart will break… but broken live on.
37. You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back.
38. Know that no one is capable of making you upset without your consent.
39. Ever has it been, that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.
40. Painful as it may be, a significant emotional event can be the catalyst for choosing a direction that serves us more effectively. Look for the learning.
41. The Lord is close to those whose hearts are breaking.
42. What the heart has once owned and had it shall never lose.
43. The most important things to say, are those which often I did not think necessary for me to say, because they were too obvious.
44. An act of love that fails is just as much a part of the divine life as an act of love that succeeds, for love is measured by fullness, not by reception.
45. Sometimes you become stronger just by turning around and walking away.
46. Being with no one is better than being with the wrong person because those who fly solo often have the strongest wings.
47. It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
48. A life with love will have some thorns, but a life without love will have no roses.
49. If you love something – set it free.If it comes back to you – it is yours, If it does not – it was never meant to be.
50. In life there are some things we might never really get over. Sometimes the best we can do is just to get through. But that’s okay, there’s still a lot of beauty to find on the other side.
51. It is better to love someone you cannot have,than to have someone you cannot love.
Quotes About Heart Break – Broken Hearts
52. Love seeketh, not itself to please, nor for itself hath any care, but for another gives its ease, and builds a Heaven in Hell’s despair. – William Blake
53. Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes… just be an illusion. – Javan
54. The hottest love has the coldest end. – Socrates
55. The greatest pain that comes from love is loving someone you can never have. ~ Anonymous
56. Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never knew. ~ Anonymous
57. The stupidest mistake in life is thinking the one who hurt you the most, won’t hurt you again. ~ Anonymous
58. Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up. ~ James Baldwin
59. A teardrop is insignificant in a pool of water, but it can touch the soul as it runs down someone’s face. ~ Unknown
60. Sometimes, when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated. ~ Lamartine
61. Look into my eyes and you will find me, but look in my heart and you will find you. ~ Unknown
62. When you are in love and you get hurt, it’s like a cut… it will heal, but there will always be a scar. ~ Unknown
63. You can close your eyes to things you don’t want to see, but you can’t close your heart to things you don’t want to feel. ~ Unknown
64. Relationships are like glass. Sometimes it’s better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself putting it back together. ~ Anonymous
65. The heart was made to be broken. ~ Oscar Wilde
66. It hurts to breathe because every breath I take proves I can’t live without you. ~ Anonymous
67. To fall in love is awfully simple, but to fall out of love is simply awful. ~ Bess Myerson
68. Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation. ~ Kahlil Gibran
69. I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken — and I’d rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as I lived. ~ Margaret Mitchell
Read Also: 50+ Female Warrior Names
70. Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing. ~ Anais Nin
71. Sometimes I wish I were a little kid again, skinned knees are easier to fix than broken hearts. ~ Unknown
72. What is the opposite of two? A lonely me, a lonely you. ~ Richard Wilbur
73. There are things that we don’t want to happen but have to accept, things we don’t want to know but have to learn, and people we can” live without but have to let go. ~ Author Unknown
74. Let no one who loves be called unhappy. Even love unreturned has its rainbow. ~ J. M. Barrie
75. How do you know love is gone? If you said that you would be there at seven and you get there by nine, and he or she has not called the police – it’s gone. ~ Marlene Dietrich
76. When a love comes to an end, weaklings cry, efficient ones instantly find another love, and the wise already have one in reserve. ~ Oscar Wilde
77. Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart. ~ Washington Irving
78. Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that. ~ Norman Vincent Peale
79. There were many ways of breaking a heart. Stories were full of hearts being broken by love, but what really broke a heart was taking away its dream-whatever that dream might be. ~ Pearl Buck
80. We all have our ‘good old days’ tucked away inside our hearts, and we return to them in daydreams like cats to favorite armchairs. ~ Brian Carter
81. Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation. ~ Kahlil Gibran
82. I love to shop after a bad relationship. I don’t know. I buy a new outfit and it makes me feel better. It just does. Sometimes I see a really great outfit, I’ll break up with someone on purpose. ~ Rita Rudner
83. It takes a couple seconds to say Hello, but forever to say Goodbye. ~ Anonymous
84. Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down. ~ Oprah Winfrey
85. Some of the biggest challenges in relationships come from the fact that most people enter a relationship in order to get something: they’re trying to find someone who’s going to make them feel good. In reality, the only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take. ~ Anthony Robbins
86. Some people come into our lives and leave footprints on our hearts and we are never ever the same. ~ Flavia Weedn
87. Moving on is simple, it’s what you leave behind that makes it so difficult. ~ Unknown
88. You don’t die from a broken heart…you only wish you did. ~ Unknown
89. I just realized it’s so lonely being free. ~ Unknown
90. Love that remains longest in your heart is the one that is not returned. ~ Unknown
91. There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief… and unspeakable love. ~ Washington Irving
92. Love is a great poet, its resources are inexhaustible, but if the end it has in view is not obtained, it feels weary and remains silent. ~ Giacomo Casanova
93. He who has never experienced hurt, cannot experience true love. ~ Tristan J. Loo
94. Brains are like hearts – they go where they are appreciated. ~ Robert McNamara
95. There are many who had rather meet their bitterest enemy in the field than their own hearts in their closet. ~ Charles Caleb Colton
96. Love is like a puzzle. When you’re in love, all the pieces fit but when your heart gets broken, it takes a while to get everything back together. ~ Unknown
97. Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go. ~ Herman Hesse
98. Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing. ~ Anais Nin
99. Our greatest joy and our greatest pain come in our relationships with others. ~ Stephen R. Covey
100. If someone hurts you, betrays you, or breaks your heart, forgive them for they have helped you learn about trust and the importance of being cautious to who you open your heart to. ~ Unknown
101. If your love does not work with that person, it just means that someone else loves you more. ~ Unknown
102. When love is lost, do not bow your head in sadness; instead keep your head up high and gaze into heaven for that is where your broken heart has been sent to heal. ~ Unknown
103. Sometimes you think you’ve gotten over a person, but when you see him smile you suddenly realize you’re just pretending you’re over him to ease the pain of knowing that he will never be yours. ~ Unknown
104. Don’t cry when the sun is gone, because the tears won’t let you see the stars. ~ Violeta Parra
105. If someone you love hurts you cry a river, build a bridge, and get over it. ~ Anonymous
106. Lips that taste of tears, they say are the best for kissing. ~ Unknown
107. I don’t know why they call it heartbreak. It feels like every other part of my body is broken too. ~ Unknown
108. If all hearts were open and all desires known – as they would be if people showed their souls – how many gapings, sighings, clenched fists, knotted brows, broad grins, and red eyes should we see in the market-place! ~ Thomas Hardy
109. There are many persons ready to do what is right because in their hearts they know it is right. But they hesitate, waiting for the other fellow to make the make the first move – and he, in turn, waits for you. ~ Marian Anderson
110. Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty – they merely move it from their faces into their hearts. ~ Martin Buxbaum