Residents of Festac, Amuwo-Odofin, and environs went wild with jubilation after the arrest and parade of the kidnap kingpin Evans was shown on television.
People were seen trooping out into the streets in their numbers to praise God and the Police for the arrest of the kidnap kingpin who had terrorized them for long.
Most of the celebrants who didn’t hide their joy openly called for prompt action on the part of the Police to arrest his accomplices as failure to do so may room to their continuing from where he stopped.
Notorious Evans who has terrorized the whole country and not just Lagos was finally arrested on Saturday, June 10th 2017 in his house at Magodo area of Lagos.
Evans was said to have masterminded kidnapping operations in Anambra, Edo, and Lagos, with Lagos placing a 30 Million Naira bounty on him.
But the end of the notorious kidnap kingpin who has been on the police watch list for about 7 years came just a few weeks after many members of his gang, including his second and third in command, were rounded up at different locations in the country.
Here are 10 fast facts you should know about Evans
1. Evans’ real name is Chukwudi Dumeme Onuamadike
2. He is a native of Nnewi in Nnewi North Local Government Area of Anambra State.
3. He is married with five children. His wife and children live in Accra Ghana.
4. He began his journey into the crime world from his home in Anambra State during the regime of former Governor Peter Obi but had to relocate to Edo State when the heat was too much for him.
From Edo State, he moved down to Lagos where he became one of the biggest kidnap kingpins keeping as many as seven gangs which made it impossible for the police to pin him down.
5. Evans and his gang are responsible for the kidnap of prominent Nigerians in Lagos and many states across the country and is reputed to be the most notorious and richest kidnapper in Nigeria.
6. He collects his ransom in dollars. According to him, the highest has collected as ransom is $1 million.
7. Evans has been on the police watch list for 7 years. The IG of Police Ibrahim Idris had announced N30 million bounty for anyone with useful information that could lead to the arrest of Evans.
8. The police declared him wanted in August 2013 when he masterminded the attempted kidnap of Chief Vincent Obianudo, the owner of Young Shall Grow Motors in Festac, Lagos.
9. He has two 2 Mansions in Magodo GRA Phase 2 worth about three hundred million naira (N300,000,000). He also has two (2) House in the Highbrow area of Accra City in Ghana among many other properties such as exotic cars, expensive watches, jewelries e.t.c.
10. His mother knows he is into crimes but not in support of it.
“My mother knows I am into crime but she is not in support. She has warned me several times to stop what I was doing. She does not come to my house because she is not in support.”