Breaking!One Of The Kidnapped Chibok Girls Found In Sambisa(Updated)


According to breaking reports, activists say one of the missing Chibok girls has been found in Nigeria. She would be the first to be rescued since their capture two years ago. Activists confirmed to the BBC that Amina Ali Nkek was found by a vigilante group on Tuesday in the Sambisa Forest, close to the border with Cameroon.

She was reportedly identified by a civilian fighter who recognized her. The fighter belonged to the Civilian Joint Task Force (JTF), a vigilante group set up to help fight Boko Haram.

Sources said she came from the town of Mbalala, south of Chibok, from where about 25 of the kidnapped girls are from. It is understood she was found with a baby.

Also See: Boko Haram Commander Captured By NigeriaCameroon Joint Forces

Rescued Chibok with Baby and Supposed Husband

The source also said the girl has been positively identified by her family and is now being cared for by the Nigerian Army in Damboa, Borno state. Adding that the girl indicated that six of the other Chibok girls have died, but that the others are being held together in a secure location in the forest.

The Nigeria military has confirmed the rescue. The Director of Army Public Relations (DAPR), Col. Sani Usman, confirmed her rescue in a short statement on Wednesday, claiming that the girl was one of the hostages rescued recently by the Nigerian troops near Damboa in Borno State, as against an earlier report that she was found by a vigilante group on Tuesday in the Sambisa Forest, close to the border with Cameroon.

Oby Ezekwesili, one of the founders of the Bring Back Our Girls movement has also confirmed the girl’s rescue on her tweeter page.

Amina Ali, was on Wednesday handed over to Borno State Governor, Kashim Shetima, in Government house, Maiduguri, alongside her baby and supposed ‘husband’ Mohammed Hayatu. Hayatu, one of the Boko Haram commanders also known as “Amir” reportedly escaped with his wife from the Sambisa forest and surrendered to Civilian Joint Task Force members in Balle, a village in Damboa.

The Acting General Officer Commanding 7 Division, Victor Ezugwu, a Brigadier General in the Nigerian Army, who performed the brief hand-over ceremony said  they had been  medically examined at an Air Force medical facility in Maiduguri and were found to be stable and with normal blood pressure.

Amina who is said to be  pregnant again, is said to meet with Mr President in Abuja along with her mother.

A video broadcast by CNN in April 2016 showed some of the kidnapped schoolgirls alive. Fifteen girls in black robes were pictured. They said they were being treated well but wanted to be with their families. The video was allegedly shot on Christmas Day 2015 and some of the girls were identified by their parents.

Also See: FG To Buy More Weapons From China In Bid To Finish Off Insurgency

Until then, no news of the girls had been heard since they were kidnapped from their school dormitory in April 24, 2014. Some of the girls who were lucky to escape tells the story of the night that Boko Haram militants brought terror to the girls’ school.