Ekiti: Hold Fayose Responsible For Fuel Scarcity


Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state has been accused by the All Progressives Congress (APC) of being responsible for the fuel scarcity in the state. In a statement released by the state Publicity Secretary, Taiwo Olatunbosun, the party said it has incontrovertible evidence that the governor was allegedly contributing to the fuel scarcity in the state to sabotage the President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration.

According to the statement, the Secretary to the State Government, Dr. Mrs Dupe Alade, had earlier written for same allocation but her letter to NNPC was stepped down when Fayose used his office to request for the allocation of fuel to 10 filling stations, many of which do not exist in Ekiti State.

Also See: HYPOCRISY! Fayose’s Aide Blasts APC Cheiftains Over China Loan

The governor’s letter was addressed to the Area Manager at Mosimi and minuted to Ore and was processed by the Ore office of NNPC. The trailers were loaded on Wednesday and Thursday, the 20th and 21st of April, but the real fuel companies and vendors were prevented from loading, although the 10 trailers demanded by the governor left the depot but were diverted to other stations outside Ekiti State.


Adding that the development reportedly elicited protests and complaints from the real fuel marketers in the state, Mr. Olatunbosun called on the security agencies and the Minister for Petroleum to investigate the governor’s activities at the NNPC offices both in Ore and Mosimi and the roles of NUPENG officials in this wicked unleashing of pains on Ekiti people by unpatriotic acts to sabotage the Federal Government, bringing to fuel scarcity to an all time high.

Reacting to the allegations, Fayose’s Special Assistant on New Media and Public Communication, Lere Olayinka, said the allegation was unfounded, as the APC-led government is only trying to seek relevance. He said;

“Is it the governor that is also responsible for fuel scarcity in other states? They are only trying to seek relevance. They better face the task of bringing good governance to the people.”

Meanwhile, youths in Ekiti State under the aegis of Ekiti Kete Youth Forum, have described Governor Ayodele Fayose’s letter to the Chinese Government opposing loan to the Nigerian government as a display of foolishness.

The youths who described the governor’s act as shocking, disappointing, uncultured, unnecessary and unconstitutional, demanding an unreserved apology from Fayose over the show of shame he put up at a train station in china.

Also See:NNPC Dispatches 1,118 Trucks Of Petrol Nationwide

“We demand the immediate refund of the state money which Mr. Fayose spent on the fruitless and shameful trip he made to china just to take selfie at a train station. That the Anthony General of the Federation (AGF) institute a case of treason against Mr. Fayose over  his breach of Schedule Seven (7) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic which he sworn to upon at all time.

“We demand in clear explanation with proof from the Governor Fayose led-government of Ekiti State on how it spent the bailout fund and the federal projects’ refunded money made by the Federal Government, as no visible capital project has been initiated and successfully completed in the state by the current administration, yet it has refused to pay the workers for many month, even when the governor gets his allowances and security vote fully paid on a monthly basis without any form of delay.

“We call on the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to come to our rescue as quick as possible, because with the rate at which the governor is handling the finances of the state, the state may end being poorer than a church rat.”