The Bible is one of the most favorite books in the world today, all because of the life changing and inspiring words it contains. The bible is the holy book of the christian religion, and it seems very odd for a christian not to own a bible. The words therein is captivating and can make one to keep reading it as often as possible. Total trust in God and his word will definitely see you through every situation in life and these and more make the bible verses the favorite for many. Here is a list of favorite bible verses you will surely fall in love with.
Favorite Bible Verses For Women
1. 1 Timothy 3:11 Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.
2. Proverbs 11:16 A gracious woman gets honour, and violent men get riches.
3. Genesis 2:18, 22-24 Then the LORD God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.” … And the rib that the LORD God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man. Then the man said, “This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.” Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
4. Genesis 12:11, 14 When he was about to enter Egypt, he said to Sarai his wife, “I know that you are a woman beautiful in appearance … When Abram entered Egypt, the Egyptians saw that the woman was very beautiful.
5. Genesis 24:16 The young woman was very attractive in appearance, a maiden whom no man had known. She went down to the spring and filled her jar and came up.
6. Ruth 1:16-17 But Ruth said, “Do not urge me to leave you or to return from following you. For where you go I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there will I be buried. May the LORD do so to me and more also if anything but death parts me from you.”
7. Esther 2:7 He was bringing up Hadassah, that is Esther, the daughter of his uncle, for she had neither father nor mother. The young woman had a beautiful figure and was lovely to look at, and when her father and her mother died, Mordecai took her as his own daughter.
8. Song of Solomon 4:1 Behold, you are beautiful, my love, behold, you are beautiful! Your eyes are doves behind your veil. Your hair is like a flock of goats leaping down the slopes of Gilead.
9. Proverbs 31:20-21 She opens her hand to the poor and reaches out her hands to the needy. She is not afraid of snow for her household, for all her household are clothed in scarlet.
10. Proverbs 31:26 She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
Submissive & Respectful
11. 1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
12. Ephesians 5:22-23, 33 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior… However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.
13. Colossians 3:18 Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
14. Proverbs 19:13 A foolish son is ruin to his father, and a wife’s quarrelling is a continual dripping of rain.
15. Proverbs 21:9 It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife.
16. Proverbs 21:19 It is better to live in a desert land than with a quarrelsome and fretful woman.
17. Proverbs 31:10 An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels.
18. Titus 2:2-5 Older men are to be sober-minded, dignified, self-controlled, sound in faith, in love, and in steadfastness. Older women likewise are to be reverent in behaviour, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.
19. 1 Peter 3:1-2 Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, when they see your respectful and pure conduct.
20. Proverbs 14:1 The wisest of women builds her house, but folly with her own hands tears it down.
Favorite Bible Verses About Love
21. Corinthians 13:4-8 “Love is pure, love is transparent, translucent, it shatters with light.”
22. 1 Corinthians 13:4–8 “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.”
23. 1 John 3:16 & 18 1 John 3:16 – “This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.” 1 John 3:18 – “Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.”
24. Philippians 4: 13 “I can do all things through him who gives me strength.”
25. Matthew 5:42-44 and Galatians 5:14 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you …” “For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”
26. 1 John 4:8 Paul gives clear examples about love to the first Christian churches. As Christians, love is the key. Jesus said, “Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.”
27. 1 John 4:18-19 “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because he first loved us.”
28. Mathew 7:7 I always think about Love when reading this one verse, so though it does not contain the word love, I think it is about love. King James Bible – “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.”
29. Jeremiah 29:13 And ye shall seek me and shall find me when ye shall search for me with all your heart
30. John 3:16 “For god so loved the world that he gave his one and only son for that who ever believes in him shall not parish but have eternal life in heaven.”
31. 2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
32. James 4:7-8 “Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you.”
33. Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
34. John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, so that whoever believes in him shall not parish but have everlasting life with Jesus.”
35. Proverbs 10:12 “Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses.”
36. Philippians 1:3 “I thank my God, upon every remembrance of you..”
37. Psalm 77:19 “Your path led through the sea, your way through the mighty waters, though your footprints were not seen.”
38. 3 John 1:2 “Dearly beloved, I pray above all things that you may prosper and be in health even as your soul prospers.”
39. 1 Corinthains 13:4-8 “Love is patient and kind; it is not jealous or conceited or proud; love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable; love does not keep a record of wrongs; love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth. love never gives up; and its faith, hope, and patience never fail.”
40. 1 John 4:19-21 “We love because he first loved us. Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother or sister, whom they have seen, cannot loved God, whom they have not seen. And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also their brother and sister.”
41. Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
42. Revelation 2:10 “Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life.”
43. Isaiah 41:10 “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.”
44. Luke 6:35 “But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil.”
45. John 3:5 “Verily verily, I say unto you, expect a man be born of water and spirit that he can not enter the kingdom of God.”
46. Revelation 2:4-5 “Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first. Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.”
47. Mark 12:30 “Love the Lord your God, with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.”
48. 1 Corinthians 13:5 “Love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable; love does not keep the records of wrongs.”
49. Psalms 139 “You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways…”
50. Psalms 37:4 “…Delight yourself in the LORD and he shall give you the desires of your heart…”
51. John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” I love the verse first and foremost, but I really love the song “John 3:16” by Cindy Tucker…it is like a modern-day “Amazing Grace.”
52. 1 John 1:9 “For God so love the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life.”
53. Psalm 100:5 “For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation.”
54. John 3:16 This verse is written on a hand bag that I have and I think it is my favorite: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
55. 1 John 4:8 “But he does not love does not know God; for God is love.”
56. Romans 12:9 “Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.”
57. John 3:16 “For GOD so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life.”
58. Jeremiah 33:3 “Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.” (NIV)
59. Proverbs 17:17 “A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.”
60. Psalm 61:1-3 “Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.”
61. Proverbs 10:12 “Hatred stirs up all dissension while love covers up all wrongs.” This also reminds me of 1 Corinthians 13 where it says love doesn’t keep count of wrongs.
62. 1 John 4:8 “Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.”
63. Proverbs 5:19 “A loving doe, a graceful deer—may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be captivated by her love.”
64. John 3:16 “For god so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life in heaven.”
65. Matthew 5:43-44 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbour and hate your enemies.’ But I say to you, ‘Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you.”
66. 1 Corinthians 13:4-13 “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. . . And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.”
67. Ephesians 2:8 (NIV) “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God …”
68. John 3:16 – Divine Love “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
69. Solomon 8:6 “Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame.”
70. Psalm 61:1-3 “Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.”
Favorite Bible Verses About Faith
71. Matthew 15:28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt . And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.
72. Matthew 9:2 And, behold , they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer ; thy sins be forgiven thee.
73. Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for , the evidence of things not seen .
74. 1 Peter 1:21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
75. 1 Peter 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth , though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
76. Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
77. 2 Corinthians 5:7 For we walk by faith, not by sight
78. Matthew 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove ; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
79. Matthew 21:21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed , and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done
80. Matthew 14:31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?