For people who are lovers of Coke or even addicts, this is one information you wouldn’t want to miss about your beloved drink.The European president of Coca-Cola, James Quincey, has admitted that some customers ‘don’t realise’ how much sugar is in the company’s drinks and that’s exactly what I want to let you know for the sake of your health.
It is a well known fact that Coca Cola isn’t the healthiest drink one can go for but considering the fact that it can be so refreshing especially when it is cold, you just can’t resist the idea of taking a bottle or more when the craving comes.
However, can you believe that a 355ml can of Coka Cola contains about 39 grams of sugar while a 590ml bottle has about 65g of sugar and one litre bottle of coke has 108g of sugar??? I’m sure your eyes are pooping by now! Just hold on, because Pepsi is even sweeter, with 69 grams of sugar in a 591 ml bottle and 112 grams in a liter! Woooow!!!!! Thats what you’ve been drinking!
Sugar is good for the body, yes, but when the intake exceeds the amount needed in the body, it becomes a problem. According to the American Heart Association (AHA), the maximum amount of added sugars a man should eat a day is 77.5 grams (9 teaspoons) and for women 25 grams (6 teaspoons), but unfortunately, the quantity in the smallest can of coke is more than is required for a day. The Association further reports that 180,000 annual deaths may be linked to the consumption of sugary soft drinks.
Diabetes exist because of drinking too many soda and the latest research shows that Coca Cola contributes to weaker bones. So it is a fact that this sweet drink isn’t very good for your health.
Bearing this in mind, when next you are tempted to to drink Coke, think about your health and also about the video below:
And just when you thought you’ve known everything, here is an additional information. The acidity of Coke has led many people to question its toxicity, relating to long-term human health, as its pH rating is 2.5, only one point higher than that of battery acid.As a result, it cleans surfaces even better than many toxic household cleaners.
Here are some household uses of coke that proves it is unfit for consumption:
- Remove rust: methods include using fabric, a sponge, or even aluminum foil dipped in Coke
- Remove blood stains from clothing and fabric. .
- Clean oil stains from a garage floor: let the stain soak, hose off.
- Make pennies shine: soaking old pennies in Coke will remove the tarnish.
- Coke and aluminum foil helps to remove rust from metals easily.
- Clean burnt pans: let the pan soak in the Coke, then rinse.
- Strip paint off metal furniture. Soak a towel in Coke and lay it on the paint surface.
- Clean your engine; Coke distributors have been using this technique for decades
- Clean your toilet: pour around bowl, leave for a while, flush clean
- Remove stains from vitreous china.
Read More: Evidence That Shows The Hazardous Effect Of Soda
Coca-Cola is obviously a product that has many wonderful uses. Although the record indicates that the best uses of this product are not related with consuming it! So if you want to live long, stay away from consuming coke!!!