I must have to start with myself in answering this question. I plead guilty and I’m sincerely asking for leniency! By the time you digest the content of this article, you’re sure to find out that you are almost guilty of all. Do not say am exaggerating, because you’ll do the judgement yourself. Christians are such a group of unserious worshipers who are fond of taking the abundant grace of our Lord Jesus Christ for granted. If you want to find out if what I’m saying is true or false, visit a big new generation standard church in the heart of any city. Take a vantage position and observe the members as a Sunday service is in full swing. I bet you’ll come back with exactly what you’re about to read now.
List of Common BUT Serious Offences Christians Commit in Church
20. Growing impatient and Looking at your Wrist Watch During Long Sermons.
19. Sitting when you are supposed to be standing or Kneeling.
18. Answering or making calls secretly in church.
17. Sagging to Church.
16. Getting irritated during long announcements and shouting at the announcer under your breath.
15. Dozing and Sleeping During Church service.
14. Consciously or subconsciously analysing people’s outfit and hairstyles.
13. Engaging in Make-believe (fake) speaking in Tongues just to belong.
12. Discussing in whispers with a brother/sister instead of keeping calm and concentrating.
11. Habitual and intentional late-coming, just before the sermon or in the course of the sermon.
10. Pinging/Chatting while the Sermon is on.
9. Stealing glances or making flirty faces at a cute brother/sister as the case may be – or even at the Pastor!
8. Grudging over any extra donations apart from the conventional offerings.
7. Keeping your eyes open during prayers to see how every Dick and Harry is praying instead of saying your own prayers.
6. Deserting the Church before the end of the Service.
4. Pointing at, and gossiping about one church member or the other.
3. Drifting off and Setting Your mind on the pot of Delicious Sunday rice and stew at home instead of Paying Attention to the Sermon.
2. Being too full of yourself, admiring your outfit and making faces – doing shakara.
1. WALKING UP AND DOWN – LEAVING YOUR SEAT MORE THAN ONCE BEFORE THE END OF THE SERVICE.
Not that you are a nursing mother o!