Chibok Parents Explains Why they Refused to March with BBOG Group


It’s 28 months and counting since the Chibok girls were kidnapped; enough time for the Chibok Parents to get weary of crying and trying to get their girls back.

The Chibok parents were meant to collaborate with the Bring Back Our Girls (BBOG) Protesters, in a march on Monday 22nd August in Abuja, however, they failed to partake, with the following explanations.

Read Also: CHIBOK INDIGENES: We Regret Voting For Buhari

Yakubu Nkeki, the leader of the missing girls’ parents who lives in Chibok, told newsman in a telephone interview that the Chibok parents held a meeting last week during which they decided they would not attend the protest walk.

“All we want is our missing daughters and we are willing to work with anybody who will help us find our daughters. We do not want to do anything that the government will not be happy about,” said the women leader. 

“We are not after any organisation that is against any party or religion, and we are supporting the federal government to help us release our girls.”

The leader of the Chibok parents described the unpleasant experience they had during their last protest march in Abuja, ststaing that some angry comments made by some of the activists who accompanied them to see the president irritated President Muhammadu Buhari to the point where he spoke sharply and dropped his microphone.

See Also: Nigeria Air Force Reveals Stance On Chibok Girls’ Location

“Our own is that we want our daughters,” said Zannah Lawan, the secretary of the parents association. “Anyone who has the ability to help us to find our daughters is the person we will work with,” Lawan added.

On the contrary, Oby Ezekwesili, who is the founder of the BBOG group, says she and her team do not mind marching to Aso Rock every day if that is what is needed to motivate the federal government to rescue the girls. She has continously lended her supportive to the course, consoling and giving hope to the Chibok parents.

Chibok Parents with Oby Ezekwesili

Chibok Parents

Meanwhile, the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, a few days back told journalists during an interactive section that the Nigeria Air Force is not aware of the current location of the abducted girls. However,  he assured that NAF is working very hard to locate and rescue the girls and other Nigerians abducted by the Boko Haram terrorist group.