Boko Haram had last week released a video of the girls who are still alive and said they were willing to trade the girls in exchange for their members in detention in various prisons.
One of the girls, Maida Yakubu, who also spoke in the video, asked their parents to beg the Nigerian government to consider the demands of Boko Haram so that they would be released.
Speaking during the protest on Monday, the chairman of the Chibok Community, Hosea Tsambido said members of the Community and BBOG voted massively for Mr. Buhari as against his predecessor, Goodluck Jonathan, who they voted for in 2011.
“They tell us that our girls seen in the latest video was merely an arrangement, No one has spoken to the family of any of the Chibok girls since the last video was released, by the terrorists. We regret our votes. We regret it.”
“We were promised that the president would visit Sambisa, after becoming president. We were also told that within two weeks our girls would be rescued.”
“But over one year now, there is no tangible statement about our girls. The presidency has stated instead that it is confused.”
The BBOG group who were heading for the Presidential villa to speak with the president as they usually do during their protests were shocked to have been denied access by a combined team of security personnel at the entrance of the three arms zone.
The group said they were fed up with the excuses peddled by the government and demanded answers.
The protesters kept chanting “No more excuses.” As at the time of this report, the demonstration was still ongoing.