Chelsea To Open Contract Talks With Victor Moses To Ward Off Barcelona

Advertisement

Chelsea are set to open contract talks with Victor Moses after reports suggested Barcelona were interested in the versatile winger.

Victor Moses has flourished in a new wing-back role in Chelsea’s successful 3-4-3 formation which has seen the Blues climb to the top of the Premier League.

Also See: Eagle’s Captain Mikel Hints Of Possible Chelsea Exit In January

The Nigeria international, who is under contract until the summer of 2019, netted the winner in Saturday’s 2-1 London derby victory over Tottenham.

And reports say Moses’ performances have persuaded Chelsea technical director, Michael Emenalo to offer an extended, improved contract.

The deal will reportedly be offered to acknowledge his importance at Chelsea but also to ward off any potential interest from Barcelona. The Spanish giants are said to be determined to sign a right-back and expressed an interest in Moses.

Chelsea boss, Antonio Conte, is said to have hailed Pedro and Victor Moses for their  remarkable performances during Saturday’s victory over Tottenham.

victor-moses-resized-800



 

The Blues have not conceded a goal in 600 premier league minutes, that saw them win six consecutive matches and go top of the log before last weekend.

Chelsea FC have garnered 31 points from 13 games, one better than Liverpool and Manchester City who are both tied on 30 points.

Pedro cost Chelsea £21 million from Barcelona last year, a panic-buy after a 2015 summer of lethargy. He scored only seven league goals as he flitted in and out of the team, too small in stature, it seemed, not quick enough for the hurly-burly of the Premier League.

Victor Moses spent last year on loan at West Ham. The previous season he was farmed out to Stoke, and before that Liverpool.

Also See: Cristiano Ronaldo Back In Top Form – Zinedine Zidane

Before this year he had made only 23 league appearances for Chelsea in four years. He played more games for other clubs

Topics: >