Today 8th March 2017 marks the 60th birthday of Professor Oluyemi Osinbajo, the acting president of Nigeria.
Having moved from academics to religious ministry and now politics, prof. Osinbajo has joined other sexagenarians to celebrate a good and maturing life.
In less than two months after taking over the affairs of the country from President Mohammadu Buhari, who is currently in London over his health issue, Professor Yemi Osinbajo seems to be doing great as an acting President.
Acting President – This is why Nigerians should celebrate Professional Osinbajo
The wife, Oludolapo Osinbajo and mother of the Acting President, Madam Bisi Osinbajo have already shown the way on how to celebrate the sexagenarian. Madam Bisi Osinbajo was one of the early callers to wish her son a happy 60th birthday.
In a photo shared by InstablogNaija, the Acting President was shown receiving a cake from his mother. The photo was accompanied by a screen grab with a birthday wish by the acting President’s wife, Mrs. Dolapo Osinbajo. She wrote, “Thanking God for 60 years of grace.”
1. In the short duration that Yemi has been the Acting President of Nigeria, Naira has gained value. From the initial exchange rate that skyrocketed to one dollar per N530, Naira is currently at N314 per dollar, CBN exchange rate and N430 per dollar in the parallel market while a Euro is between N465 to N475.
2. The professor has the interest of Nigerians at heart, shares in the pains of the people and is lenient in judgment. During his recent visit to Benin City, Edo State. He listened to all speakers with rapt attention and concentrated interest.
Even when a small riot started in the hall he remained calm, portraying the Godly nature he possesses as an ordained man of God. He did not to deal with the rioters for ignoring his presence, something an average Nigerian leader would not overlook.
3. He is fair in his leadership. Unlike President Buhari who seemed to have neglected the southeast region of the country, Prof Osinbajo paid a visit to the Niger Delta People. During his visit, he made a statement, ordering all the oil companies in the country to move their headquarters to the Niger Delta – an act of justice and healing of the age-long injury inflicted on the Niger Delta people.
4. The Nigerian aviation sector has been unstable for some months now and the outcome of that has been negatively impacting on Nigerians and the traveling system in the country. However, Osinbajo’s move to restore the aviation system is the way forward for Nigeria.
Recall that he sacked nine directors of the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), after a surprise visit to the Murtala Muhammad International Airport in Lagos on Thursday, February 23.
Although the Minister of State for Aviation, Hadi Sirika says there is no link between the Acting President Yemi Osinbajo’s visit to the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, MMIA, Lagos, and the ongoing reorganization in the aviation agencies, Nigerians know the truth.
5. Osinbajo is not the regular politician. According to the Prof, when he was asked by a group of young men and women how he became vice president, considering the fact that he was never a politician or anything like that, he explained that he was recommended by someone who knew his worth and the value he could add to Nigeria.
Osinbajo once described his emergence as vice-president as divine, because he did not have to scheme his way up there.
Acting President Yemi Osinbajo
According to a recent report, The Federal Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi threw in an argument suggesting that a vice-presidential candidate from the south-south would temper the brewing restiveness in the region.
However, Acting President Yemi Osinbajo is doing quite well at the job even though he is from the western part of Nigeria. While some call him a Moses in the making who would make Niger Delta people, others think he can make the whole country happy if he is sworn in as the President of Nigeria.
While some people are already calling him a Moses in the making who would make Niger Delta people, others think he can make the whole country happy if he is sworn in as the President of Nigeria.
BuzzNigeria wishes the Acting President of Nigeria, Professor Yemi Osinbajo a Happy 60th Birthday! Age with Grace!